Need N79 (CCV/PCV heater) female electrical connector

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
UPDATED: Need N79 (CCV/PCV heater) female electrical connector

The wire on mine broke off at the base. I disassembled the connector, but it's iffy whether a can salvage the pins for re-use.

If you've got one with 3-6 inches of wire still attached it help me out and make for a clean repair. It's for A3 AHU Jetta.

ToddA1 has been really helpful. He came up with the idea to compare connectors. On my 1998 Jetta (AHU) the female connector I'm looking for is identical to the one used on both the N18 & N75.

Last edited:

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Personally, I don't know the function of that heater. It's not monitored by the ECU.

It's a very common plug... if you can wait until Monday, I'll send you one with pigtails.

-Todd

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
Personally, I don't know the function of that heater. It's not monitored by the ECU.

It's a very common plug... if you can wait until Monday, I'll send you one with pigtails.

-Todd
Thanks Todd. The heater element is not monitored. It keeps the moisture from freezing and blocking the crankcase air flow - preventing pressure build up.

Could not find one at any of the local parts stores. An none of our TDI vendors showed having them.

I'll PM you my info. Also, I would be happy to pay for it and shipping.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I'm guessing in your climate, it's needed more than mine.

-Todd