Need info on dealing with dealer for Phase 2b on 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual w/72k miles

Webbie1

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE Manual
OK, so I bought my 2015 Passat TDI SE Manual a little over a year ago with 42k on it. I just brought it in for an oil change at 72k miles. When I set up the appointment, I asked about the phase 2B emissions work. The dealership knew nothing about it, and said that if any work was required, they'd have an alert about it. So I just got the oil change done and left, figuring I could figure out the emissions stuff later. I'm not sure what my best course of action should be going forward. I've heard of some saying to wait as long as possible for the 2B so your new parts are newer as the mileage goes up. But how do I even get the dealership to be aware of the next required work? I've attached a photo of the sticker under my hood for any of you experts to decipher. Appreciate any replies / advice!

Warner

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Replied to your other post, in a different thread, see the link for BK's picture.

On your hood near a hinge are two stickers. Look closely at the bottom sticker. This is a Phase-1 sticker. It says 'Proof of Partial Completion.' Below that is a tiny box that is checked and says 'Software Update.'

Phase-2 is hardware (new catalyst system) and a software update. There should be a new sticker stating that, if your car has had the Phase-2 update. My car is still under 70k miles so I'm still on Phase-1.

Drive more and worry less.

:)

Webbie1

TDI
Thanks for the replies hskrdu. I included a photo of my sticker under the hood. I'm sure the second part of phase 2 has NOT been done. I guess I should have been more specific with my questions. How do I get my dealer to understand that more work needs to be done, and when is the best time for me to do it? The dealership looks at their computer and says "there's no order from corporate to do anything additonal", so that's the dealer part of the question. The other question is, would I be better off waiting to have Phase 2B done when the miles are higher, thereby waiting longer before the new hardware gets installed, theoretically extending the life of those parts longer?

Let me know and thanks again,

Warner

Webbie1

TDI