Nawlins in March xx ?

Jim Williston

Veteran Member
TDI
silver 00 NB
Well, I missed the last one, I sure as he!l don't want to miss the next one. I couldn't make it 60 miles, I'm sure going to try to make it 750 miles!
Rene, you started this a way back when, but now it's time to talk this up again.
We had our lousy weather...... it's time to think sun/suds/swing/spice.
Last I remember, it was going to be March ??
Jim and Merna

------------------
"growler"/silver NB 5 spd

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
My wife and I will be headed to Perry,Ga for a huge Rv rally with the lil tdi in tow on or about march 19-23.. anything going on aroud perry?? I understand that's about a hundred miles south of Atlanta on I75 or so I think...

[This message has been edited by TexasBill (edited December 18, 2000).]

BoraTdi

Veteran Member
I will be eligible for a week's vacation just in time for March, and I am thinking about the LAST time I went to the Big Easy, and it was, uhhh.....
...well anyway I might seriously consider doing it again. I am thinking of who might get arrested from the group.....Any ideas for a date yet Rene? Omar?

------------------
Will
99.5 Black Jetta GLS
SR, Beetle wheels, Momo Shadow Carbon
"Upsolute power corrupts Upsolutely!"

osidak

Veteran Member
TDI
'17 BRZ Limited PP
I will be there with Karyn this time

I believe it was either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in March Will.

Osidak

valois

Banned
2nd week was the last date discussed, I believe everyone appeared to be able to make that date.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
[hoping]Please be during spring break!... Please be during spring break!... Please be during spring break!...[/hoping]

P.S. ÜB wants to meet Growler.

------------------
Über-Beetle: UPsoluted 2000 Yellow New Beetle 1.9 TDI 5-speed
1987 Diamond Blue Mercedes-Benz 190D 2.5 Turbo (sold, but considering re-purchase)

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
Yeah, I am worried about checking ODU's webpage for fear the MPs might take me away. VDTDI, would it be possible for you to check ODU's webpage (www.odu.edu or web.odu.edu) and find out when my spring break is? Our computer is down at home and I fear this might be my only chance to check the computer before I get back to school. Oh, and whatever week is my Spring Break, that is when I vote for the gtg in NO! Rene, check the Carolina's gtg thread for a message from me.

John

ProgMuscle

TDI
Passat 96 Blue
I know that I will try to get there. My kids have Spring Break all the next week and the wife has a friend in NO to visit.

The second weekend in March is the 10th and 11th, right?

------------------
'96 Passat TDI
1 GHz Athlon Thunderbird

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
Ouch, my Spring Break is from March 2-11. I still might be able to make it if most of the events are on the 9th and 10th. What does everyone think? VeeDub? What is your schedule? I might try to spend Spring Break with my cousins in Plano and then drive to LA on the 9th.

John

valois

Banned
As soon as the date is firm I will make a deal with a hotel for a discount. And reservations also at a fine eatery. In New Orleans you can find fine food, great jazz and blues, midgits, hookers and clowns!! What more could you ask for?

ProgMuscle

TDI
Passat 96 Blue
OK, now for the big $1 Question... Where do we meet? Is there a motel/hotel that we have a history with (a good one, I hope!)? Or do we need to start one?

I am planning on getting Upsoluted by Rene if he's amenable and the weather works with us (late winter in NO = rain?).

------------------
'96 Passat TDI
1 GHz Athlon Thunderbird

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
if i'm interested in getting upsoluted,, who might i be looking for?? Rene or Valois or someone else?? what might i expect for the cost... and what is the date??? Thanks in advance .... bill

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
so, which thread do we post in now? this one which has march as the date or Vaolis's that has feb as the date... or both?

i plan on heading to this as well. i will had down to see Osidak, driv'nez and Valois for a while and then caravan down to no'lens with them.

CAN'T WAIT

garrett P.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
My spring break is from the 10th to the 18th. Hmmm... [thinking]

------------------
Über-Beetle: UPsoluted 2000 Yellow New Beetle 1.9 TDI 5-speed
1987 Diamond Blue Mercedes-Benz 190D 2.5 Turbo (sold, but considering re-purchase)
------------------
I'm not cheap, I'm just STOOPID!

Jim Williston

Veteran Member
TDI
silver 00 NB
Lets move this thread to Omar's sign up post. Who's coming to the Big Easy to party?
Please list attendee's in the other (Osidak)post.
Unity here folks, unity.
Jim

------------------
"growler"/silver NB 5 spd