N75 Hoses And What They're For

OldSchoolFresh

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta TDI
So we know the N75 valve have three hoses coming from it, red, blue and black. I just wanted to confirm that the black hose is from the intake air hose, the blue is from the wastegate and the red is from the lower intercooler piping before the intercooler itself. I ask since i'm getting a boostvalve to try and control my boost surges. Is installation really as simple as the diagram is on the boostvalve site? Any tips and hints before I go ahead?

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Yes. I know its difficult to see around the turbocharger, but simply follow the small vacuum hose from the turbocharger (vane actuator) to the N75 on the firewall. Pick a convienient place to splice the Boost Valve into.

Then, remove the plastic IC pipe (to allow cleaning the drillings out of it) and drill and tap the hole for the plastic fitting for the boost line to the Boost Valve. Clean the IP pip[e out well and re-install and then run the supplied boost line and wire tie it up nicely. Make sure your boost valve is set correctly. Mine is set to break at about 20 PSI. It may be lower on an ALH motor, depending on the ECU tune level.

--Nate