n108 valve error code

MacAndrew_Jack

TDI
Vanagon Syncro Weekender
Volks,
(apologies for cross post to TDI conversion yahoo list)
I got a 1252 code the other day, with associated terribly advanced timing making it undrivable. It is the "Start Of Cold Start Injector Open/Short To Ground", or wiring for the n108 valve. I checked the wiring between the 10pin multiple by the injection pump and the ECU and there is high resistance (12.2 mv) between pin 9 in the multiplug and the pin at the ECU plug (not sure what number it is in my 80 pin ecu, but traced the brown/black wire), so a wiring problem? I am thinking that I could try to get new pin connectors for both sides and run a new wire between these points? If so, where do we get these pins? Alternatively, I could cut the wires close to the pins and splice in a new wire, but that seems to be less desirable. I have started to trace the loom, but it is all wrapped, and I don't see any obvious problems without unwrapping it.
I read that this is a ground wire? Can I simply ground it to the engine block, or does the ECU need to see it?
Suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
-macjack

MacAndrew_Jack

TDI
Vanagon Syncro Weekender
Thanks BobnOH and runonbeer. There is one code, 1252. As I understand it, it is about the ground to the n108.
This older thread has some info on it:
http://tinyurl.com/zbh3a26

I haven't checked the n108 itself, since the wiring seems to be of high resistance. But I am not totally proficient with electrical, so I don't know if 12.2 mv through the wire is good or too high.
Anyone with electrical know how care to comment on that?
-macjack