Must have accessories

Greenone

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
The dealer was talking about the plastic belly cover. Its main purpose is sound reduction and maybe keeping some dirt out. A real skidplate will protect your engine. Look here:

http://www.dieselgeek.com/MK6_Jetta_sedan_skid_plate_s/1844.htm

You can keep your plastic cover and put this on under it. Mine has paid for itself several times over.

Have Fun

Don
Thanx for the link. It has left me with two questions:
1. There is not much of a description, but there is a 7 second video on some type of compression rivet that is activated by a screw/bolt..... so does that mean you have to drill them out to take the pan off?

2. How tight do you think it fits in the front? ie. is there a gap that will create drag and lessen the fuel economy?

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
1. There is not much of a description, but there is a 7 second video on some type of compression rivet that is activated by a screw/bolt..... so does that mean you have to drill them out to take the pan off?

2. How tight do you think it fits in the front? ie. is there a gap that will create drag and lessen the fuel economy?

No to both.

Bill

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
As 40x40 said, no to both.
Where in the "Northeast" do you live? If it is anywhere near Boston/Southern Hew Hampshire, you should do a search for Ho5G (House of 5 Garages). They have regular get-togethers and you can see one installed and talk to people who have installed them (you could probably also get lots of help to install it there).

Have Fun!

Don

axnels2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta sportswagen
I really recommend replacing center vent with a storage cubby. Very functional and inexpensive.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I really recommend replacing center vent with a storage cubby. Very functional and inexpensive.
I agree, its a very nice mod. However, it won't work for the OP. Starting in 2010 they changed the dash to the Mk6 type and the dash storage tray no longer fits.

Have Fun!

Don

Greenone

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
As 40x40 said, no to both.
Where in the "Northeast" do you live? If it is anywhere near Boston/Southern Hew Hampshire, you should do a search for Ho5G (House of 5 Garages). They have regular get-togethers and you can see one installed and talk to people who have installed them (you could probably also get lots of help to install it there).

Have Fun!

Don
I appreciate all the info on this forum. I will look up Ho5G, it is a few hours ride over there. I went ahead and ordered the skidplate from dieselgeek, “yes, It’s a diesel” plate, VCDS, engine heater from frostheater, under seat "trays " from ECS tuning, sent out scanguage II for firmware upgrade, carbotech brake pads. next onto chips that I will post in the appropriate section.

Last edited:

Stuart Little

Veteran Member
TDI
10' Jetta TDi Cup Edition - 6M, 02' TDI Beetle - 5M
I agree, its a very nice mod. However, it won't work for the OP. Starting in 2010 they changed the dash to the Mk6 type and the dash storage tray no longer fits.

Have Fun!

Don
My 2010 Cup is a MKV still (mk6 electronics) and the cubby still fits.

-Sent with Tapatalk via my iPhone

GenoBluzGtr

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I think this is a legit "accessory" question...

I saw in a link someone provided about the Pela 6000 oil extractor... it said it only worked for 1999 -2005 Jettas... why won't it work for the MKIV ? (I have a 2012 Jetta). Is there a different model that works for my car?

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I think this is a legit "accessory" question...

I saw in a link someone provided about the Pela 6000 oil extractor... it said it only worked for 1999 -2005 Jettas... why won't it work for the MKIV ? (I have a 2012 Jetta). Is there a different model that works for my car?

It works fine for all of those models for MOST people. One or two guys can't find a way to get the hose all the way to the bottom of the oil sump.

Bill