MORE manual swap questions...

squishbang

TDI
'98 NB manual, '05 Passat manual
A: Is the old auto trans a boat anchor, or has someone found a buyer for rebuildable cores?
B: Has someone found a decent manual shift knob/boot to match the Anthracite interior?

squishbang

TDI
Cool. I might take $100 for mine as it is simply sitting in my driveway. It may also be serviceable because the trans was not totally grenaded.

The dark grey "Anthracite" interior was only available in '04-'05 cars and very few came with manual transmissions. New ones are not cheap, and if I found a good used one for sale I would scoop it up...

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I didn't find anyone that wanted mine as a core so it went to the metal bin. From what I can see, there is very little demand for these transmission cores.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
I sold my core for $300 when I did the swap. Im also curious on a good matching shifter and boot. The priblem is wont the emblem be wrong on the B5.5s considering reverse is right and back? Unless you have a speed...

squishbang

TDI
Thanks for looking up that part number, QuickTD, that is really not a HORRIBLE price for an oem part. I may actually pick one up but the vinyl boots don't last as long as leather and a plastic shift knob does not sound appealing... The best option that I have come up with in my searches is this accessory part from Bora parts, I would have to come up with some wood trim parts to match the shift knob, though.http://www.ebay.com/itm/EURO-Genuin...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cc15b10a&vxp=mtr

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I have a leather boot with a plastic knob from a '97 A4 and it looks and feels good.