Modified MPG Best of All CR's ?

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Just completed my first tank with my new 2015 Golf TDI SE with DSG and it out performs any avg tank I have had out of my 4 Common Rail TDI's.
I understand there are many more tanks needed to get a more accurate look but with that being said my best avg tank EVER, other then a one outlier on my MK6, was 45.4
It is interesting that I had the exact same 2015 DSG Golf I handed back to VW and my best tank was 45.4 as noted above, and my modified performs a 45.8 on it's first tank. My current tank looks to be round 46 plus. All avg's are hand calculated. My MFD is off by a little over 2mpg.
The only performance issue I can detect is the DSG. As Borsig and others have pointed out, the modified CR's seem to have been altered to the point where DSG performance suffers.
I will update as tanks avg's are calculated. Would be interested in compiling other owners results. My fuelly link is below:
http://www.fuelly.com/dashboard

mejpassat

TDI
2015 Passat TDi (NOS), 2014 passat TDI (Buy back), 2001 Tdi Golf (Gifted to Son)
Break in

When I picked up my nos 2015 Passat in July, I to thought the DSG came in a distant second compared to my bought back 2014 Passat.
At just over 6K on the 2015, it is feeling more and more like my 2014 did at 6K.
I guess that's called break in?

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
I've had two. You can see my fuelly in this link - very little data. However, so far, its several MPG better than my 2015 non fixed wagon was.

We will see how well that holds.

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
I never "hand-calculated" any of my TDI tanks, as I didn't own them very long, but the MFD would say 44-46 mpg for most of my drives/tanks.

My GSW is a TSI, and over 29k miles so far I've averaged 37.97 mpg - "by hand" - and my last tank, which had a good bit of highway cruising at 65 +/- was 506 miles at 43.67 mpg.
I'd like to think I'd break 50 easily in a 2015 TDI. I don't hypermile or drive slow - I just drive smart.
*shrug*

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
You likely wont.

My best tanks are around 45-46 with all highway miles. Can people do that? Yes under the ideal conditions.