Mobil T&SUV or Delvac 1 around Chicago?

medrvmx5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Reflex Silver Jetta GL Wagon
Anyone spotted or know of any places around Chicago that sell Mobil Truck and SUV or Delvac 1? It is getting time to change my oil, and my stock of the old Mobil is gone, and I have not spotted any at Wally World or any of the Autozone/Pep Boyz/Murray's around here.

I am in Bolingbrook, and drive to Elmhurst for work. I work for the CAT dealer, but I always forget to ask my parts guys about the DEO Synthetic, so I could check there.

Tony

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Murray's is supposed to have it. GMC dealers sell it. Call around.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Tony -

I know for a fact that the Murray's in South Chicago Heights (in strip mall on west side of Chicago Road, just south of Sauk Trail) has it on the shelf. Haven't been in any other auto parts stores lately.

Cat DEO synth is probably your best bet.

scurvy

pmich

TDI
2002 golf tdi
Farm and Fleet Oswego Delvac 1 and pep boys in the Fox Valley AKA Naperville off route 59 has truck/suv 5w40

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
medrvmx5 said:
Anyone spotted or know of any places around Chicago that sell Mobil Truck and SUV or Delvac 1? ...
Hopefully you are aware that the Mobil Truck & SUV 5w40 product for diesels was renamed Mobil Turbo Diesel Truck. They still have a T& SUV product, but it is a 5w30 for gassers.

medrvmx5

Veteran Member
TDI
Yesiree and there are rows of the gasser Mobil at all the Walmarts locally. I got to get off my lazy ass and ask at my parts counter for the CAT DEO synth, but in the past I always found this more $$$ than Delvac at the truck stops.

That Pep boys is not too far away, I can stop there when I get out that way.

Tony

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
mobil turbo diesel.....didn't know that.

i know autozone does not carry it(truck and SUV) although checker does.

medrvmx5

Veteran Member
TDI
I was out in Ottawa on business today and stopped at Blain's Farm and Fleet and picked up a case of Delvac 1 today for $109 plus tax.

Tony

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
scurvy said:
... the Murray's in South Chicago Heights (in strip mall on west side of Chicago Road, just south of Sauk Trail) has it on the shelf. ... Cat DEO synth is probably your best bet.
medrvmx5 said:
As a reference, the Caterpillar DEO Synthetic that people in the past had said was the same as Delvac 1 is not in stock in any of the North America warehouses. I work at a CAT dealer and had my shop guys run a check on it.
ChiTDI said:
Murray's in Merrionette Park has plenty at $5.99 per quart.
It's good to hear that the Murray's stores are getting TDT -- they are part of the Checker-Schucks-Kragen chain, so hopefully Kragen out here in California will get it someday.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
medrvmx5 said:
I was out in Ottawa on business today and stopped at Blain's Farm and Fleet and picked up a case of Delvac 1
Beat me to the punch!

I went to the Farm & Fleet out in Montgomery over the weekend and they had gallon jugs of D1 on the shelf. I picked up a Mityvac extractor (the 7.3 liter one after seeing JasonTDI's Big Papa model in action) for $60 and a 10 amp battery charger/maintainer/desulfator for $30. That store is great!

scurvy

MelsBlueTDI

TDI
Jetta
If you cross into Wisconsin just past the border by hwy KR there is a MOBIL OIL distributing hub. Jerry Wilkomm I think is the name. The best price I have found so far.