MKV Door Microswitch

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
My 05.5 Jetta doesn't recognize the driver's door open anymore and the rear driver's door is intermittent locking. I replaced the door harness a few years back in the driver's door, but will recheck behind the boot again to make sure it's not my problem. Either way the locks are getting a little weak so I wanted to go through them, clean the inside of the motors as they are getting sluggish and replace microswitches. Is the microswitch for the MKV Jetta the same as the MKIV? If not, does anyone have a good replacement that can be picked up from an electronic supply house?

Hurst

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
I have had to replace microswitches for both windows and door locks on my 2006 Jetta TDI. Your VCDS should give you more information to isolate and identify the issue. I bought replacement switches on EBay. Fortunately, it is pretty straightforward about how to test a switch. The lock mechanisms themselves are also problematic, as the electric motors powering them are of low quality and go bad as well. I have replaced at least two of these as well. Fortunately, getting inside the doors to deal with these things is relatively easy once you find out how to get the door handle off correctly.

Hurst89

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Pkg 0 5spd TDI
That's interesting you mention the window switch. I get an intermittent issue with the driver window rolling all the way down then not responding until I pull the door skin and pull it up a bit. Then it works like normal. Is that similar to what you had going on? It has been a while since I ran a VCDS scan, so I can't remember what the locking faults were. I'll have to scan it again and see what it tells me.