Mk6 golf xenon retrofit BCM and coding woes!

apples12

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 1.9tdi Match, BMW F10 520D
Hi all

I retrofitted OEM bi-xenon's with AFS to my Mk6 about a month ago...

for the last month they have been working GREAT! apart from the bulb out light on the dash and no flash to pass when the headlights were off...

This was due to the fact i had an 086 BCM module which had old software which didnt support these features...

fast forward a month...

i have a 087 module which with much knuckle scraping i managed to get into the car, code my remotes with it and rest of the features and away i was...or so i thought

for some reason the shutters are no longer working! the cables are all still intact, wiring is fine, just no shutters moving which means whilst low beams are on, i have no high beams... (these are used surprisingly a lot when i am doing country lane driving)

can anyone shed some light on this issue?! (no pun intended!)

many thanks

update:

if anyone comes across this, in order to have fully functioning bi-xenons on a mk6 golf platform, i.e. flash to pass with the headlights off, shutters working properly etc etc, you MUST have a software index of version '0525' or higher, it does NOT matter if you have a '086' or '087' BCM version, the software version is more important

enjoy!

Last edited:

Gizzmo_jr

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Are both shutter options configured correctly?
- Bi-Xenon headlights installed
- Bi-Xenon without additional high beam

apples12

Veteran Member
TDI
this still isnt working

theres two things happening

if i code the byte 17 as it was before, i get flash to pass and xenon low beams, NO high beam

if i change the coding to as above, i get the shutters working but unfortunately, no flash to pass and the main beam out warning comes up on the dashboard...

please help!!!

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Have you set the bit on "single position high beam switch" (something similar to that)?
Mk6's have different high beam stalks from Mk5. This might be what is causing your issue...

Gizzmo_jr

Veteran Member
TDI
None
this still isnt working

theres two things happening

if i code the byte 17 as it was before, i get flash to pass and xenon low beams, NO high beam

if i change the coding to as above, i get the shutters working but unfortunately, no flash to pass and the main beam out warning comes up on the dashboard...

please help!!!
What about Byte 25, Bit 2? Mine is on
"High beam via Shutter active"

apples12

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi all

ok, all sorted now...involved changing out the BCM module for one with a newer software version

theres a link on vortex somewhere which states you need software revision 0525 or higher, currently have 0771 and working great!

many thanks for all your help guys n gals

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
Hi all

ok, all sorted now...involved changing out the BCM module for one with a newer software version

theres a link on vortex somewhere which states you need software revision 0525 or higher, currently have 0771 and working great!

many thanks for all your help guys n gals
Awesome! Congrats on getting everything to work properly. Very cool. I'm always happy to hear success stories like yours when it comes to making our cars do more than they were supposed to when they left the factory. :D