MK4 Power Window Conversion

Goose617

TDI
99 MK 4 3DR
I have a 1999.5 mk4 2dr TDI with crank windows
I have pulled from the junk yard pretty much an entire interior harness stopping at the firewall all the door harnesses and the regulators. I just need help with the wiring. Curious if itd be easier to replace the ccm that’s currently in there (1j0) with the one I pulled from the donor car (1c0) the window motors are (1c0). If someone had some wiring diagrams that could help me or some advice I would be forever appreciative! I’m coming up short not great with wiring.

dieselnewbie

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I’ve been researching this myself as I’ve recently acquired 4 new doors that are power and my current ones crank. From what I’ve seen, changing both the wiring harnesses and the CCM is the way to go. This is not a project for the faint hearted though, since you have to strip down your dash and do some reprogramming due to the immobilizer.

Goose617

TDI
99 MK 4 3DR
Yeah I am worried I wrecked the harness I pulled at the firewall but there was no way to pull the whole harness with the front end damage. Just have to wait for another Alh at the junkyard with power windows lol gotta love the mk4 s