Michigan biodiesel for school busses

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
An article in the local fishwrap (Saginaw News) recently gave notice that Michigan State University is teaming up with soybean lobbyists and the Michigan Assn. for Pupil Transportation to host eight workshops statewide. The mid-Michigan event is Tuesday, May 13th from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Four Points Sheraton, 4960 Towne Centre, Saginaw.
There will be speakers on availability and handling concerns of the fuel as well as Wayne Hettler, garage foreman and head mechanic for the St. Johns School District. The district has been using B20 in their 32 busses and 10 maintenance vehicles for the past year.
Anyone wishing to attend the free meeting should make a reservation by calling Mark Seamon, Ag. agent with the MSU extension office in Saginaw at 989-758-2500.
Hopefully, this is another step to get better availability of BD for the general public.

MrMetal

Veteran Member
TDI
None
When I talked to the folks at the Wacker Amoco station, they mentioned that they convinced the local school district to use B20. I'm not sure what school district that is, but I figured I'd mention that.

Also, Wacker is just a few weeks away from having their B100 at the pump! I was told that they are in the process of getting their tank certified, or something like that. Woo!