Michelin Primacy replaced by what?

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GLS 5 speed
I have use Michelin Primacys the last 12 years. It appears that Michelin is not making new Primacy tires in the stock 195/65/15 size according to the Michelin web site. Some tire store web sites seem to believe they can still special order them. I do not race my car and do not hit the turns all that fast. I am more interested in getting a tire that does not ding my fuel mileage. I do like that Michelins seem to be good for 80,000 miles. Any Michelin tire options?

Happiness and joy. I had the car up and some knucklehead from the tire store cross threaded two bolts up front. I have new wheel bearings as I thought the noise was wheel bearings but it is probably tire cup noise. I know the noisiest tire was out by 3/4 of an ounce. I should have rotated the tires more often. The tires have quieted down a bit with a few hundred miles up front. They might get quieter with more driving but they are about due for replacement even if I have not hit the wear bars.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I believe the Primacy series is being replaced by the Premier series.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
I replaced my MICHELIN Tires with MICHELIN EXALTO A/S (no longer in Production. Once they are gone I'll switch to NOKIAN WR G3. One Tire for Summer and Winter. As far as I know the only one.

jima1

TDI
'05 Golf, 5-speed automatic
Yes it's the Premier. Both the Premier and the Primacy MXV were/are 60k mile tires on my Golf. There is also the Defender, which is a 90k mile tire, but doesn't meet all specs (speed rating, I think), so Costco and other shops that go by the book won't put them on. FWIW, Costco is starting up the $70 off 4 tires deal again on Dec 30.

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GLS 5 speed
Thanks for the ideas. I live in Georgia where snow is one week at most and if it is that bad I park. I used to have snow tires on my cars when I lived in Ohio.