MFD Navigation and DSP, who still has this setup?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I know we're a dying breed, but are there any TDI'ers still using an MFD with DSP?

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I started out using some of the old VW accessory speakers (p/n 1J0-051-608-A) from way back when, then when one of those blew, I was sourced a pair of the proper ones once I was given the correct p/n's.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
And yes; my DSP amp still works. Currently, I need to get the FIS display in my cluster swapped to it'll be worth it to finish up my TMC box & harness install. Alphabet soup I tell's ya.

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
Anybody need a TMC? I've got one with all the wiring, and the proper one for the MKIV's

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
Is this a mod you would recommend now? Are there any maps newer than 2004 available? I have been reading through some of the old threads, although some of the links & pictures are no longer available. Thanks

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Is this a mod you would recommend now? Are there any maps newer than 2004 available? I have been reading through some of the old threads, although some of the links & pictures are no longer available. Thanks

Depending upon how comfortable you are with making modifications, this can be done.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3927417&postcount=55

I thought my DSP amp went bad, but it turned out to be a defective fuse the entire time. Otherwise, I would still have my DSP amp :mad:

But, it's found a good and deserving home in Ohio and hopefully will be connected and working today!

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
You can get up to date disc's through NavTec, or you can find a set for a certain model of Mercedes, I forget which one, but they were easy to come by for 2011/2012 data.

The VW unit isn't the only TravelPilot DX based Navi :D