Massachusetts Gas Tax increase

Jeff_Duncan

Veteran Member
The gov of MA is likely going to put through a gasoline tax that would put the state second in state taxes only to New York. I am wondering if the diesel taxes will be affected in a similar way? Anyone know?

Souzafone

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 Jetta A4, Whitish
I haven't seen anything on diesel, yet. I can only assume DeVille is going for as much as he can get out of all of us. I also see where he is looking to implement a guzzler tax, besides the increase for tolls on the pike, to go along with chip to be implanted in our inspection stickers so we can be taxed for miles driven.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I expect that the state's tax on diesel fuel will also go up, but whether by a similar cost or a similar percentage increase, I won't venture a guess.

Souzafone

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 Jetta A4, Whitish
BurpleTDI said:
What a crazy idea it would be to drive to CT to get cheaper fuel...

Bill

But then you'd end up paying a higher mileage tax, unless RC would start chipping inspection stickers. Hmmm, maybe if you had negative miles traveled you could get a tax credit.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Jeff_Duncan said:
The gov of MA is likely going to put through a gasoline tax that would put the state second in state taxes only to New York. I am wondering if the diesel taxes will be affected in a similar way? Anyone know?
That made the national news last night! E-mail the state government and ask them what the effect, if any, will be on diesel.

--Nate

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Don't feel alone. Maine has this same issues on the legislative docket for the next session. Befor the end of spring, I think many more states will be doing the same.

abranz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB & Jetta
In Idaho, we were just informed both registration fees and the fuel taxes are increasing to fund the dept of transportation.

Tony

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Interesting article. I'm glad I moved out of Connecticut when I did (before the taxes went nut). Seems like a small state like Mass. (& CT) shouldn't have that many road repairs/tolls/etc. I have always wondered why tolls don't get removed once the project to build the road/bridge is paid off by the toll collections?

Anyway, Texas is looking better all the time (No state income tax too boot!).

Tony