March 8th, Portland Raceway

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
The NHRDA is having their second points race in Portland this weekend.

I'll be there racing, it would be great to see some of you there! Once I'm out of the points race, I'll be hoping over to the test and tune side for some more passes.

Anyone want to race me???:cool: :D

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Yeah, the qualifying rounds start at 6:30 pm and the elimination rounds start at 9:00 pm and go till 11:00.
Makes for a late night, but there are plenty of hotels right across the freeway, very close to the track.

You guys going to come down for this one?:)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Can you share some details for us dummys? Things like what to bring, how much will it cost, will you bring beer, Where to park, do we get to go down close to the cars. Stuff like that.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
whitedog said:
Can you share some details for us dummys? Things like what to bring, how much will it cost, will you bring beer, Where to park, do we get to go down close to the cars. Stuff like that.
Yeah, sure!! But it doesn't make you dumb to ask...:D
If you are just going to watch, it will cost you $8.00 for a spectator fee.

I won't be bringing beer, I don't think it's allowed in the track. I know they took the last drop of Crown Royal out of one of our racer's trailer before they would let them in the gate last year, but I think they may sell beer at the concession stand.

Once you get through the gate, just follow the rest of the cars and trucks around to the pits. You will see where to park. You can park right in the pits if you want, it's really not assigned parking.

You are free to walk around the pits, and even the staging lanes and can get as close to the cars as the owners let you. It's a really relaxed atmoshpere, and you can pretty much go where you want, just not on the strip.

Here is a link to the racetrack's website for you to check out: http://www.portlandraceway.com/

I'll be pretty easy to spot, I'll be in the silver MK5 Jetta racing with all the big trucks. Once I'm eliminated from that race, however, I'll be over in the test and tune lanes with all the other cars.

Be sure to stop by and say "hi"!! I love to meet and chat with other TDI'ers!!:)
~Sarah

LA@JSPerformance.ca

Vendor , w/Business number
Good Luck ... wish I could come but the drive is too long for the little ones.

Jose and the boys are heading out in about 20 minutes - they will see you at the track.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Best of luck, Sarah! Hope the new setup works well for you.

Jose took me for a spin in the car last week and I gotta say it moves pretty good ... for a bloated MK5! ;)

Hopefully Jose can help you figure out a way to get some of that lost power back 'cause when it's running at full boost, it really moves! :D Stupid EGR! :mad: