Manual to power windows

marvinall

Veteran Member
TDI
Partial Diesel Fleet: 2002 Jetta Sedan, 2002 Jetta Wagon, 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI's, '02 Dodge 3/4T QCab Cummins/6 speed 4x4 Pickup....
I was wondering if anyone knows if I can swap complete power doors on to a manual window car and it be plug n play? Or is there more involved. I have twin Mark IV sedans same year and color an d want to do a power window changeover on th e good car from the parts car. From what I’ve read I may get in trouble with wiring and the comfort control module….anyone done this swap.

thanks

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I'm not sure if these ones have the same CCM setups as the newer models. You may just have to wire everything into the CCM and turn it on, or you might have to change the whole CCM. Are the crank Windows really that much of a pain?

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
If they're the same year, they'd probably have the same CCM. For MK4 cars, I think there are only 2, the 1J0 CCM for pre-2002 and the 1C0 CCM for post 2002.

What you might need to do is modify the EEPROM of the CCM. I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect your car with the manual windows shipped with auto windows disabled in the CCM. There's a free tool here that may be able to do this: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/free-vds-pro-vagtacho-alternative.509151

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
I think you might also be able to swap the CCM's between the two cars too. I don't think the CCM is protected by the Immobilizer. I'm not 100% sure of this.

marvinall

Veteran Member
TDI
Partial Diesel Fleet: 2002 Jetta Sedan, 2002 Jetta Wagon, 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI's, '02 Dodge 3/4T QCab Cummins/6 speed 4x4 Pickup....
Thanks for the info!