Low mileage 2003 Jetta wagon. What do I need?

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GLS 5 speed
I bought my Jetta after Christmas 2002. 60+ oil changes, 6 timing belts, a few suspension refreshes, lots of tires. new injector bodies in the past year, injection pump replaced 200,000 miles ago, new alternator 250,000 miles ago (due for brushes and bearings). 610,000 miles on it without a head removal or turbo removal. I can get 50+ mpg depending on where I go and if I do not do lots of highway driving or exceed 63 mph.

So what does the car need and why? Solid body and drives fine. New clutch kit in the garage to replace the single mass clutch that is noisy and now sometimes a bit chattery.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
What does it need? Someone to hack the instrument cluster to get it to keep counting beyond 623K miles!

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Unfortunately it does do that - the "register" for the odometer only goes up to 999,999KM. Have been a couple threads on it over the years round here, but nobody's popped up with a solution yet. Given the age of the platform, probably not a priority on most cluster hackers' radar.

The one or other two folks that got that high rolled their odometers back at (say, from 600K miles to 100K miles) and just "do the math".