Looking for fitment feedback on Nicktane Filter Kit Mk7 Golf

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
Hi,

i'm looking for some feedback from folks who have purchased my Uber filter kit and installed it on their Mk7 golf. i've been told by some customers it fit fine and others the bracket didn't fit which has me a bit perplexed. i'd appreciate some feedback if yours did or didn't fit so i can figure our what's different and how to fix it!

Thank you!

brew1

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI
Hi,

i'm looking for some feedback from folks who have purchased my Uber filter kit and installed it on their Mk7 golf. i've been told by some customers it fit fine and others the bracket didn't fit which has me a bit perplexed. i'd appreciate some feedback if yours did or didn't fit so i can figure our what's different and how to fix it!

Thank you!
Mine was one that didn't. I believe you were able to determine the issue was VW used a slightly different shock tower?

In any case, I cut up the oem bracket and modified it to work with your filter setup. Been fine so far and rock solid support.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
if you send me the right stuff (im happy to purchase if you have a link?) im glad to see if it fits on my 15 Golf.

there are differences between the CVCA and CRUA engines.. both of which are used in the MK7. that might be why some fit and some don't?

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Link to kit? Deleting my EA288 soon snd want to improve my protection

brew1

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI
I have more confidence in the large Baldwin or CAT filters when encountering a ****ty batch of diesel than i do the OEM product. But hey, that's just me.

I'm sure Karen will be along shortly to tell you it is a waste of money and a solution in search of a problem. But hey, that's just Karen.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
I have more confidence in the large Baldwin or CAT filters when encountering a ****ty batch of diesel than i do the OEM product. But hey, that's just me.

I'm sure Karen will be along shortly to tell you it is a waste of money and a solution in search of a problem. But hey, that's just Karen.
Who was it that made a filter kit that had an in and out filter that would save your system in the event your HPGP failed similar to what’s offered on PowerSrokes?

Martin Winterkorn

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE w/ Lighting Package
Hi,

Thank you!
Is there any plans for design a nicer mounting bracket like the Duramax kits? I would happily pay a bit more for something cleaner looking than the clamps on the current design.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Imo there are cheaper diy kits that do better jobs.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Any details on these Mk7 kits?
Ditzle mod
Basically a $20 filter relocator kit and some fittings and a cat filter. Total cost $40 and you should be able to swap it as is into the place that holds your stock filter.
My nicktane did not fit jack squat. Nice filter kit but way overpriced for what it is. Hood bling

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Googling "Ditzle mod TDI" (as well as the correct "Ditzel") yielded exactly squat for me, except references by you here at TDIclub. Got a link to particulars, @Mongler98 ?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Googling "Ditzle mod TDI" (as well as the correct "Ditzel") yielded exactly squat for me, except references by you here at TDIclub. Got a link to particulars, @Mongler98 ?
It's actually called Dietzl
Wix 24770
There are other brands and other configurations. Just add whatever barbed fitting. Buy filter.... this six one is more expensive bit it's what I used on my parts washer project and it was a bit better quality than some of the others.
And no. It's not on Google. Search these forums
Here is the link to the origional post
https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/the-dietzl-mod.352652/

Last edited:

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
lol this thread cracks me up.

im just not seeing how that monster fits in this engine bay.

pics of similar setup on MK7?