Looking for an A4 Jetta GLS trunk liner/floor

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
Excuse the cross-post/mis-post but not been getting any bites over in the parts forum.

I need a replacement trunk liner (floor).
---
why? I managed to dump ~3 gallons of B100 into Jake's trunk.....don't ask
but the trunk liner/floorboard was fully loaded with bioD. Fortunately, most of the stuff drained right out the hole in the tire well and Idodged a bullet in that nothing seems to have wicked into the back seat.

I am gonna take a stab at using detergent + a power washer to clean the liner but I'm not awfully confident it will ever rate useable again. It has been hanging from the clothes line for 4 days and continues to drip drip drip fuel (which seems to be getting darker and darker over time...it's gotta be leaching stuff outta the carpet and other material....not pretty).

In any casee, dealer wants $109; I'm looking to buy for considerably less.

thx for any leads...

T

'03 A4 Jetta GLS (w/ a black, very wet trunk liner)

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
tom, call 800-vwparts... they can probably give you one for half that. not sure about shipping though, since it's basically a big flat piece of cardboard, right?

DrStink

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL - Platinum Grey
Excuse the cross-post/mis-post but not been getting any bites over in the parts forum.

I need a replacement trunk liner (floor).
---
why? I managed to dump ~3 gallons of B100 into Jake's trunk.....don't ask
but the trunk liner/floorboard was fully loaded with bioD. Fortunately, most of the stuff drained right out the hole in the tire well and Idodged a bullet in that nothing seems to have wicked into the back seat.

I am gonna take a stab at using detergent + a power washer to clean the liner but I'm not awfully confident it will ever rate useable again. It has been hanging from the clothes line for 4 days and continues to drip drip drip fuel (which seems to be getting darker and darker over time...it's gotta be leaching stuff outta the carpet and other material....not pretty).

In any casee, dealer wants $109; I'm looking to buy for considerably less.

thx for any leads...

T

'03 A4 Jetta GLS (w/ a black, very wet trunk liner)
Hey Tom-

Nice timing. I'll trade you a biodiesel soaked carpet for a Behr redwood stain soaked carpet.

Short version: bought a gallon of Behr premixed waterproofer/stain at Home Depot. Factory sealed lid came off in truck, emptying entire can. Result? One dry, lightly tacky red carpet.

Anywho, lemme know what you find.

DrStink