Looking for a reasonable dealer

lowriderdog37

TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I have been wanting to pre-order a new TDI wagon, but would like some insight on which dealer is competent, and isn't trying to screw with people. I live in Shreveport, LA, home of Moffit VW. I have heard NOTHING but bad news coming from them. I went to talk to them, and they are incredibly incompetent.

I also talked to the dealer in Longview, TX, and they want $1k "market adjustment". When I asked them about it...the salesman said some BS about how VW is going to raise the price of the car in Sept, and are going to raise the transportation rates. I called his BS, and he said they weren't going to budge.

Who would you suggest as a good dealer in Dallas, Little Rock, Houston or anywhere in between?

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Frank Heinz at Metro VW in Dallas/Irving I have had good luck in making a good deal with.

Last edited:

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
In early August '04 I dealt with Crown in Tyler. At the time they were reasonable enough, and they were about the only dealer in OK/NTex that even had a TDI Jetta. There were no bargains to be had then, but at least they weren't marking them *up.* Maybe worth a call.

lowriderdog37

TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Well, I got in touch with several dealers, Moffit in Bossier City, LA didn't have pricing info, the dealer in Longview, TX was doing a "market adjustment", Crown in Tyler said they wouldn't be getting any wagons until March of '09.

I ended up calling Metro in Dallas. They set me up, no problems. Now I just need to patiently wait for my new car. Thanks for the reference.