Looking for a MkII wheel

dobeonguard

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDi
Damn Ohio winter!!!!! My 98 Jetta was nearly swallowed up by an enormous pot hole in the road today. I swerved but caught a good part of it. I thought I blew a tire but didn't. I did however have a bad vibration coming from the front end. I took it into a Sears Automotive center and the alignment was off and they pulled the passenger front wheel and sure enough there is a huge dent on the inside lip along the bead. They tried to weight it out as a temporary fix but there is still a slight vibration. The thing is, the car came with the tear drop aluminum wheels from the MkII. I called the previous owner who is a mechanic at a VW dealer and he is looking for a new wheel for me. But I thought I would ask on here. Anyone have a wheel laying around? Its the 195 60 14

schultp

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen, 6sp manual
I feel for you...I blew out my right front tire 2 weeks ago when I hit a pot hole. Dented my steel wheel on the inside rim too. The tire shop was able to straighten the dent out and I have had no vibrations. Good thing I change to snow tires with steel rims for the winter. My summer tires are on alloy rims and I don't think those rims would have survived the pot hole!