Looking for a Jetta Wagon

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
I just got home from picking up my TDI wagon in TX, I was getting 41 and 43 mpg doing 70-75 miles per hour(automatic).
The people at Rusty Wallice VW treaty me really well and I would highly recomended them (especialy Scott Pettenger)very staight forward deal. Thanks again for all those people that help out.

Ron

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW

Congratulations Ron!

Don't forget to lay all the details on us about the taxes, license fees and/or permits required and how they are handled that down there in TX.

Really an unbelieveable machine don't you think?

Good luck!

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
I just had too pay inventory tax, doc fee, temp tags and state inspection stickr= $135.00 I should got TDI sooner, I didn't realize you can get that kind of with automatic doing 70-75 mph. That's what call I fun!!!

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW
I just had to pay inventory tax, doc. fee, temp. tags and state inspection sticker = $135. I should've gotten a TDI sooner. I didn't realize you can get that kind of mileage with an automatic doing 70-75 mph. That's what call I fun!!!

Yes indeed, but not on CARB fuel, and especially not on Arco/BP's ECD-1 ULSD fuel.

I used to say here that I thought that Arco's ECD-1 was the Worlds finest fuel. Now, based on what I've discovered lately, I'm not so sure that it is! And this ECD-1 fuel or similar is what we will all be using come June, 2006 whether we like it or not!
SkyPup will probably have me shot, but that is MHO. Wait'll he has to run it all the time, and finds his fuel mileage is lower, and also that his power is off!

I just switched over to CARB fuel, and not only does it feel stronger and smoke more, but mine is now getting slightly better fuel economy! The so-called RotGut junk may be even better?

The reason I say that fuel sold anywhere but California or CARB fuel gives people better mileage is because a friend of mine recently journeyed to Indiana, and as soon as he started buying RotGut as many refer to some fuels, his fuel economy improved considerably. Driving his NB automatic back from Greenfield, and running 90 to 95 mph all the time with the A/C on, he reported 38 mpg. This is with a brand bew TB, PP520s and an UPsolute chip. He said that his fuel economy was much improved going to Greenfield before the new nozzles and T/B, and he said he now understand why and how many individuals are able to report as to what always seemed to us here in California as almost unbelieveable fuel economy. The fuel can and does make a big difference!

Ready for this? I just put it 17.46 gallons in our Wagon's tank without the motor showing any signs of fuel starvation!

Does anyone think I should call the bureau of Weights and Measures and request that they come out and check that pump? The Wagon had been 75 miles since the low fuel warning light had come on. Fuel mileage was 38.66 for 675 miles, which is about right for mine. If I add in a plus two percent correction factor for my new Bridgestone Turanza LS-H 215-60-15s, the fuel economy is now corrected to 39.43 which for me is really good. And if that pump is really off, that would be the highest mileage mine has ever achieved! Figuring a corrected actually traveled 688.5 miles traveled, and using 17 gallons which is about the true capacity of a fully vented tank, that would figure 40.5 mpg which mine has never done before.

Oh well. I guess I'll never know for sure.

Good luck with your new Wagon Ron. Time to update your profile now BTW!

May you enjoy your new Wagon as I enjoy ours.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
That rot gut diesel was cheap in Oklahoma $1.26 a gallon. The problem with the Jetta is that fuel stops are so long that I keep missing to eating one my daily meals when I drove back from TX.
I will try post pictures of the car, but don't I how too do in on this forum.