Little shudder at low rpms

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
Hi folks, I have noticed that engine shudders(kind of vibrates) a little at low rpms in high gears on my brand new(old stock) 2015 golf TDI with DSG automatic.It has only 900 kms(560 miles) on the odo now.

Its like when you are accelerating normally and when DSG up shifts and engine rpm drops and you try to drive right at that rpms with very little throttle.Its like when in a manual transmission,you up shift too soon and try to drive with a little throttle and you feel that shudder/vibration.

But i found that if you give little more throttle,then that shudder disappears.Is it normal?I haven't driven any other 2015 TDI with DSG.Thanks

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yes, that is normal. The engine struggles at very low rpm. They really should have programmed the dsg to downshift when the rpm drops that low.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
At low speeds I find myself always putting it into sport mode. This raises the RPM enough to prevent this.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Yeah - I hate that.

I added paddle shifters to my car and it makes it so easy now to get out of that fugly 1200rpm range that it gravitates toward in the city.