Koni FSD's

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
I put a full set of FSD's on my Golf, and at the time they seemed extremely stiff, like on a 0* winter day. Now that I have a couple thousand miles on them
they really work nice. Is it normal to have a break in period on these shocks?

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Not just with those but any shocks/struts will have a break in period. It is normal. Carry on!

kd7iwp

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS
I replaced the shocks on my Golf with Bilstein Touring Class about 6 months ago and they were extremely stiff for the first 1000 KM's or so, then softened up substantially. However, they are still much more stiff than stock and I wish I would have gotten something softer (I got the TC sport shocks, should have done non-sport). I was very tempted by the FSD's but being twice the price I wasn't sure if the increase in comfort/performance would be worthwhile. How soft are they over bumps?

_MattMan

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS Wagon 5sp
A few months ago, I installed the FSD's and they were really stiff the first 1000 miles or so but have since soften up some. I prefer a stiffer ride but to the point where you hit a bump it doesn't jar your teeth loose....:D I had a GTi like that, althought it road like it was on rails teeth jarring or lossing the rust off the car wasn't a good option for the region I live in. Ohio.

So far I am really liking my Koni FSD's.

straverse

TDI
2002 Golf
If anyone is interested in a one year old set of Koni FSDs, let me know. They're on the vehicle now, but I'm thinking of replacing them.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
and what would be your asking price on those FSDs. I have new shocks (STR.T) but need struts.