K03 hybrid ID?

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
EDIT; Talked to Jerry at G-pop and he confirmed this is indeed a hybrid turbo. Bought the engine with turbo.
Currently at the pyp and found a 97 Passat that appears to be slightly modded, so I decided to check the turbo. Is this a hybrid? "HY"?

IMG_20230404_121638637.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Nice, would like to know more about what you find for how this hybrid was done etc.

Can I ask what a pyp is?

Steve

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Nice, would like to know more about what you find for how this hybrid was done etc.

Can I ask what a pyp is?

Steve
PYP is LKQ pick your part. This car was at the Raleigh/Clayton location. I will update with specifics on the hybrid and what the injector size is. I do know the inducer is 4mm larger than stock. Still need to measure exducer and turbine size.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
PYP is LKQ pick your part. This car was at the Raleigh/Clayton location. I will update with specifics on the hybrid and what the injector size is. I do know the inducer is 4mm larger than stock. Still need to measure exducer and turbine size.
Oh...ok, yeah we call them upull or pnp (pick-n-pull).

Steve

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Might be a turbo we sold over the years :)