jetta vs golf center console & glove box interchangeability?

Zheking

TDI
02 Golf
tried doing a search, but didn't really come up with anything. Went and pulled a working glove box and center console with the cup holders from an 03 MK4 jetta and found they were NOT interchangeable with an 02 golf. center console the e-brake handle didn't quite fit through the opening (I trimmed that to fit), but the glove box was no making it work, there was a metal bracket of some sort behind mine that wouldn't allow the new one to fit.

I had the impression that most of the interior center console glove box stuff was interchangeable but clearly was wrong. after searching some ebay posts i've found there are 2 different styles with very different backs...

so my question is, are any of the jetta / golf glove boxes interchangeable? is it a year thing? or do i just need to find a golf one?

also, have a tan working glove box available!

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Is The 03 center console a Cupholder model? If so, they fit ya just gotta bend the e brake handle a bit.
Also, there are 2 glove boxes, a later large one, the earlier ones were "small". They are interchangeable, I just don't know exactly how. Rexnico probably knows how...

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
They can all be interchangeable. I've done it. The brake handle does need to be manipulated a little, bent towards the drivers side, and the small glove box can be replaced with a large one. The small glove box has a 3 X looking like bracket that needs to come out for the big one to fit.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
... the small glove box can be replaced with a large one. The small glove box has a 3 X looking like bracket that needs to come out for the big one to fit.
This ^^^

T-30 torx I think is the driver size to get that expanded aluminum brace out of the way. Good luck!

Cheers,

PH

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
They can all be interchangeable. I've done it. The brake handle does need to be manipulated a little, bent towards the drivers side, and the small glove box can be replaced with a large one. The small glove box has a 3 X looking like bracket that needs to come out for the big one to fit.

The brake handle doesn’t need to be bent, adjust the handle screws and you’ll be all set.
Done it few times now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk