Jetta TDI Value Edition 2014

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Lower cost TDI Jetta.

Volkswagen of America, Inc. announced the Jetta TDI® Value Edition, which takes Jetta S content and adds the 2.0-liter TDI® Clean Diesel engine, electric power steering, 16-inch steel wheels, heatable cloth seats, cruise control, a Media Device Interface (MDI), SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, and two additional speakers. This new model makes the high-mileage Jetta TDI Clean Diesel—with an EPA estimated fuel economy rating of 42 mpg on the highway when fitted with a six-speed manual or a DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission—even more affordable. The base price of the Jetta TDI Value Edition is $21,295 when equipped with the manual transmission, compared with $23,625 for the Jetta TDI Clean Diesel model. The six-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission adds $1100 to the base price.

07ktm250xc

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG
Bought one this past weekend. Interesting note..on the site it says it DOES NOT have tilt and telescoping steering wheel..ours does. Maybe I'm special.
:D

07ktm250xc

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG
Those numbers are sticker. I got the value edition with DSG for $19,400.
OTD was $20,393 including tax and licence. You just have to shop a little.
Pretty good buys out there on these things. I've heard it called the poverty spec..LOL

fowvey

Veteran Member
TDI
(2014 Jetta TDI DSG) -Gone, but not forgotten, 2014 Audi A6 TDI
Those numbers are sticker. I got the value edition with DSG for $19,400.
OTD was $20,393 including tax and licence. You just have to shop a little.
Pretty good buys out there on these things. I've heard it called the poverty spec..LOL
out of curiosity, what is the sales tax? that is a steal compared to here at 8.1%

otto802

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
I have been driving a 1997 Passat TDI for the last 11 years, but I am tempted to pick up the Jetta Value TDI and pass the Passat down to my daughter. Her Golf died recently, so we are really in need of another car. On the other hand, I am also tempted just get a gas Passat or Jetta nicely equipped for about the same money. The Jetta value has some ok features, but I would really like nicer wheels and bluetooth for phone calls.

fowvey

Veteran Member
TDI
(2014 Jetta TDI DSG) -Gone, but not forgotten, 2014 Audi A6 TDI
I have been driving a 1997 Passat TDI for the last 11 years, but I am tempted to pick up the Jetta Value TDI and pass the Passat down to my daughter. Her Golf died recently, so we are really in need of another car. On the other hand, I am also tempted just get a gas Passat or Jetta nicely equipped for about the same money. The Jetta value has some ok features, but I would really like nicer wheels and bluetooth for phone calls.
There's a poster on here with a 2014 gas jetta who seems to be getting slightly less fuel economy given their driven record when comparing to other TDIers. Wish I could remember who.

EDIT: crewcabrob

Last edited:

07ktm250xc

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG
Here's ours with some Audi wheels..found them on Craigslist for $400 with michelin tires.
Will use the stock wheels for winter tires. Dont know much about bluetooth.
You are right though. When looking for most options its best to get them
factory installed. IMO

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
There's a poster on here with a 2014 gas jetta who seems to be getting slightly less fuel economy given their driven record when comparing to other TDIers. Wish I could remember who.

EDIT: crewcabrob

He was posting numbers after 2 fill ups, will be interesting to see the long term average. Note his most recent fill up of 32 mpg, yes it might have been a lot of city, but when my TDI gets a lot of city i get 37-39 mpg..

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/crewcabrob/jetta