Jetta 2005.5 -- Losing Time on MFI

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Yep. We reset our clock every couple months, lol. Last time we reset it, it seems to be holding just fine. Fingers are crossed.

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
Funny you mention that. Mine is doing the same for about 10k miles now since I got it in June.

-Mike 2005.5 A5 Jetta TDI 5m

PeasantMobile2

TDI
Jetta 2005.5 Blue Anthracite
I've been experiencing the same thing. Mentioned it to dealer at first oil change. He didn't have any thoughts on a resolution except he mentioned that they did have a similar experiece on the Toureg and apparantly there was a fix at some point from VW...

fireice

TDI
Jetta, 2005.5 , blue
mine loses some time too.. so what... adjusting is easy..

blue_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Blue Jetta, 2005.5 Black Jetta
My clock loses about 1 minute each week. I thought I was just crazy, but if other people are noticing, then it must be a real problem.

When I mentioned it to the dealership, they didn't seem to know what to think, so I figured it was best to wait a while until they know how to fix the problem.

StElmo

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Ram 2500 6.7; '15 Golf SportWagen
Yep. We reset our clock every couple months, lol. Last time we reset it, it seems to be holding just fine. Fingers are crossed.
Update... Holding the same time as my cell phone, from which it was set last in August.

overbite

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 passat
St. Elmo - do you have sat radio or Navi? I am just wondering if the same radio waves that set your phone are doing the same for the MFI. Just a WAG.

StElmo

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Ram 2500 6.7; '15 Golf SportWagen
Interesting point. We have the OEM XM radio. It'd be nice if that were the case, but...

Sloose

TDI
05.5 Reflex Silver Jetta Package 1
thought i was the only one. A minute a week since i got in in august.

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Pkg 1, 5 Spd, Graphite Blue / 2002 Jetta GLS, Black w/tan leather
Has anyone found a fix or adjustment in VAG-COM for this yet? The time is off on ours too. My A4 is dead on.

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
BOTH of our cars do it too.

-Mike

berks_tom

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
My 2006 Jetta seems to lose more than 1 minute per week. I haven't been keeping track of how often, so I don't know how much time it loses per week.

dieseldave2006

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta DSG, 06, sliver
Mine as well. It must be Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

"The other and hardest to comprehend effect of the Special Theory of Relativity is time dilation. When you go close to the speed of light, although to you everything seems the same, to an outside observer it looks like your time slowed down. This is not an illusion but actual scientific fact. Time actually moves slower to you in motion than an observer at rest. It has been proven with accurate clocks on supersonic planes that this is true."

:D

jrivers804

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1998, White
I bought my new package 2 Jetta on March 25th and have not, at least yet, had to change the clock since I bought it other than the switch to daylight savings time. I used the MFI menu to select Daylight savings time in the computer. How many of you did that, or did you just juse the "hour" button on the cluster to "add" that hour? I would be curious, because if you didn't use the available function to select daylight savings time maybe that would "somehow" explain the difference. Oh, and being retired Navy and "used to" 24 hour time, I selected a 24 hour vs. 12 hour clock display. I wonder if either ot these two might be different from your experiences.

dpbl

TDI
02 Jetta
My 2005.5 Jetta does the same thing. It was real bad like 2 min a week. told delaer last year and they flashed the ECU with the latest version. Now we lose about 1 min every few weeks. So it is better but not 100% fixed. I have to take it in for the update for the faster warm up in winter mod next week. So I will again mention the clock and maybe when they do the ECU flash for the faster warm up it will take care of the clock also.

05_new_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
MKV Jetta TDI
dpbl said:
I have to take it in for the update for the faster warm up in winter mod next week.
I have the same problem with the clock, but what is the flash for the faster warm-up? my car hasn't been in the shop since new.

rpatey

losing time

ReDxSiLLy said:
My MFI seems to be losing about 30secs to 1 min of time every week.

Anyone else having the problem.
Mine is just the opposite. It gains time and I have reset it at least 3 times.

asheyb

TDI
sadly...none..yet
Mine was also losing time. VW replaced the entire instrument cluster under warrenty today.

candrews4tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI
Mine is too. Twice a month I have to add two minutes to my clock. Any VAG-Com adjustment here would adjust the clock to be more accurate? As a comparison, my 2002 Suburban clock needs to be adjusted twice a year:D

Last edited:

stanfuger

TDI
2005.5 Jetta & 2006 Jetta
Einstein was right

Of course, under the theory of relativity as set forth by Alber einstein, the closer that one approaches the speed of light, the slower that time seems to move in relation to the stationary world. And they call diesels slow!!!!

Stan

2005.5 Jetta tdi pkg 2 blue graphite
2006 jetta TDI pkg 2 w/ nav reflex silver

DieselDavid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6M, 2015 Golf SEL TDI DSG
candrews4tdi said:
As a comparison, my 2002 Suburban clock needs to be adjusted twice a year.
If you moved to Hawaii or most parts of Arizona then you wouldn't have to adjust your 2002 Suburban's clock twice a year anymore! :p

dpbl

TDI
02 Jetta
The flash is for faster warm up. Wow they replaced the whole cluster. Not sure I want my whole dash ripped out if that is the answer I may just live with adding a few min a month. But I will at the least see if the new flash for the warm up does anything for the time. You never know sometimes you get one thing fixed and another quirk goes away.

patrick7600

Hey guys
My 06 tdi has been loosing a little over a minute a week since I got it in July its a bit annoying on a new car! I haven't gone to the dealer about it yet. will update ye on progress

volks1

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
clock losing tme

Any update on how to fix this? My 2006 Jetta loses 1 minute/week.
Thanks