It's really FS this time: 2005.5 pack 2 man. tran

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
I thought we'd be able to swing keeping our TDI but it's just not in the finances :( And, that third carseat is just too big!

Here it is, again, in a new thread.
2005.5 New Jetta package 2 TDI
5-spd manual transmission
<21,000 miles
Reflex Silver with gray leather interior
$24,900

Extras include: H&R Lowering springs and stock springs, clear tail lights and stock tail lights, and spoiler. All extras were bought at my local VW dealer and I have receipts.

StElmo and I have done all maintenance ourselves. All maintenance items were bought at the local VW dealer. I have receipts. Castrol TXT 505.01 oil is the only oil I have used in my car.

Broken in per drivbiwire's break-in procedure.

Last edited:

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
That's a nice lookin' car. Too bad you can't hang on to it. Hopefully in the future you can find one just as nice or better. There are certain to be more choices anyways!

Good luck

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Sad to hear it Deisha!:(

I know how much you love that car.........

-Keli

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Thanks Keli and Tom. It's okay; I told my husband that I'm moving on to boats. I don't have carseat restrictions in them :)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
165 MPH, corners like it's on rails, 79.9 MPG average, And ... uh....

Hold on... glasses fell off my nose... Hmmm my nose wasn't this big before...

OK, maybe I exaggerated a tiny bit. 79.8 MPG.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
pls5160 said:
Nice car, Could we have some more photos (inside too). Also a VIN#
Can't see a sunroof.
If I had the ability to upload a small video sometime before, oh say, next year, I'd show you how I can even close the sunroof using just the remote (and I'm not talking about using the key in the door.) :D

PM me for VIN. I'll get some more pics up later this week / weekend of the interior.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Good luck with the sale, that's a nice looking car. May I ask how well the fogs work, and do they crack easy form salt/rocks in our Northwest winters? I'm looking at doing this addition to our Jetta, as well.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
We don't do salt here :) So far, I haven't had any issues with the fogs; they haven't cracked yet and I don't expect them to. I now need to knock on wood....

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
*Sniff* Wish I could buy this one too :D
Sorry to see her go--good luck. I know how well you take care of your cars!
Someone pick this gem up!
-BB

J003223

TDI
06 TDI Pkg 2 Fully Opt.
BleachedBora said:
*Sniff* Wish I could buy this one too :D
Sorry to see her go--good luck. I know how well you take care of your cars!
Someone pick this gem up!
-BB
I tried to, but she would let me! Then she decided she was going to have a baby..... ;)

Sorry to hear you are selling. Good luck with the sale and I hope you get a buyer that loves it as much as you and St. do.

pls5160

TDI
2005 1/2
OK, I give. How do you open/close the sunroof with the remote not using the door. I am usually pretty good at these things but not this time.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Change the long coding. You can roll the windows up and close the sunroof by holding the lock button down on the remote. Roll the windows down by holding the unlock button. There's some threads on it in the A5 forum. Def. a nice little mod!

pls5160

TDI
2005 1/2
I wish VW would program the remotes like that from factory. Reprograming that stuff makes me nervous.
I could do that window/sunroof trick with my 2000 E55 from the day I brought it home. Must admit that I forget about it most of the time however. Guess I don't drive it as must as I should. Too afraid of tickets!

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
I will get some better / more shots this weekend. I've got a semi-local guy coming over to give it one heck of a detailing on Friday. He usually does the show BMWs for the local chapter so I thought I'd give him a ring. He's shortening his time by a day; he said he should be done in 8-12 hours.:eek: I can't wait to see my baby after he's done; clay bars the entire car, polishes & waxes it, etc. It should be quite nice when he's done :)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I'm trying to think of something cute to say--but words fail me right now...
Wish I could have helped... ;) She'll be beautiful!

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the floor... :eek: First Heinz now you... what's this world coming to :(

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
FlyTDI Guy said:
what's this world coming to :(
Gasser minivans.

It's okay though. We'll be back one day. And I'm not leaving tdiclub.

Is there anyone from the club that would be interested in this car if the price was dropped again? If so, by how much?

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
How low do I have to go? I know 27k is on the high side for club members so how low before someone would be interested in it?

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
$23,900 according to NADA that is what the car is worth not your inflated price.

They are usually better then KBB too.

For all the extra stuff you did. Maybe $24,500

Sorry

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Don't be sorry. This is what I wanted. NADA hasn't been available until now; every time I tried to use them, it would give me nothing for a price.

Yes, I'm inflated. I blame that on negative equity which means I blame myself :)

It's getting listed in a couple weeks on Autotrader after we get our bonus and can pay it down enough to get rid of it unless someone here makes an offer that works out.

Thermo1223 said:
$23,900 according to NADA that is what the car is worth not your inflated price.

They are usually better then KBB too.

For all the extra stuff you did. Maybe $24,500

Sorry

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
NADA, Kbb, these all mean nothing. They are averages, that's it.
If you ask Harv for the average selling price of cars comparable to yours, I bet your price is fair. As we know, it's all supply and demand, and unfortunately for you, demand is soft(er) right now.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
I really would love to see this car go to a club member so I lowered the price to $25,200. I'm listing it Nov. 6 on Autotrader for $26,500 or so (less than the two current competition cars on Autotrader.)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
:( I feel your pain...... I went through the same situation with my ex-Passat TDI on this site for nearly 3 months......The car had nearly 5000in upgrades installed and all I got here was lowballer and tirekicking and ugly comments!! The car sold on Autotrader.......The new owner consequently joined here though....
Good Luck in your sale although I highly doubt you will sell it here

JJTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta (white)
You'd probably be better off stripping the mods, and putting it back to stock. Most often, they don't increase the value of the car, so you'd might as well sell the parts to recover some of the money you've spent.
Of course it takes a lot of work - and its always more fun to put 'em on than take 'em off.