Is VoA really retarded....

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Okay so I sold my '11 golf back in August. VoA has been dragging there butts on sending me a lien of release so the new owner can register the car he only has 30 days before he gets a penalty. They said they sent the lien back on the 5th via regular mail. I talked to their award winning customer service today and the said it should take 10 to 12 business days for me to get it!!! WHAT ARE THEY SENDING BY MULE VIA MEXICO...?? I mean come on I sent them a check they had it in 2 days via normal mail. I don't understand. Sorry just venting. There have been wars waged and won in less time then it takes to get a letter from Georgia.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
It sometimes appears that calling VWoA retarded is really an insult to retarded people. I hope that they come through for you in time.

Have Fun!

Don

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
It really is a shame because I love their cars. I think there is my diesel fuel in my veins then there is blood. Ugh...the new owner was thinking that I was B.Sing him so I three way called them. Once the call was over he said "dude they are F-ed up". I couldn't agree more.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
In a word YES

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Getting the paperwork from VW credit for my '06 when I sold it in '08 was like pulling teeth. Took close to two weeks, even though I paid for express shipping.

I was going through paperwork last year on my wagon and realized I didn't have the title. I had taken a short-term loan on the car with VW credit when I bought it and paid it off in '04. They had never sent the title. When I called and asked what gives, they offered no explanation or apology. But they did send it.

Aonarch

TDI
'12 JSW TDI 6MT
Yup. I had to get a extension on my temp tag, because VWoA (Not my dealer) has piss poor communication and are seemingly incompetent.

m_skena

Veteran Member
TDI
Not Any More!
Though i agree with your assessment, I wish you would find a new word to describe your displeasure with VWoA. The "R" word, as we call it in the special education circle, may be the most offensive adjective that is freely used today. If it were a racial slur people here would be jumping down your throat... well, this is the same thing to somebody with a mental challenge.

However, I support your first amendment rights, so go ahead and offend away.

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup-Edition EVO 4-Motion
A simple look at the packages available to the rest of the world on Volkswagens as compared to what VWOA offers is factual proof that they are retarded.... Sorry, I don't speak political correctness.

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
Though i agree with your assessment, I wish you would find a new word to describe your displeasure with VWoA. The "R" word, as we call it in the special education circle, may be the most offensive adjective that is freely used today. If it were a racial slur people here would be jumping down your throat... well, this is the same thing to somebody with a mental challenge.

Wow. That PC sphere of DC has made it well past MD!! Consider the context of this thread. The OP used the R-word as an insult directed toward VOA. The intent was to be offensive, at least to some degree. The word did the job.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium

You CHOSE to be offended. Try choosing to not be offended and see how much better life can be. :)

Bill

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Do the retarded choose to be retarded? Can the retarded choose to be offended? Was m_skena offended or did he defend those that would be offended but don't have the voice to show they are offended? They don't have the voice, but they definitely have the emotion when they are spoken of with disdain.

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
Political Correctness.... The art of changing words and meanings so that those who use the English language correctly are forced to offend those who would rather live in mamby-pamby land....

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't understand how calling VWOA retarded is using the English language correctly. Hopefully you can fill me in.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Reading this thread just retarded my evening...

bibendum

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta tdi
2. Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed.

From the dictionary, seems as though retarded is EXACTLY the right choice here.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2. Occurring or developing later than desired or expected; delayed.

From the dictionary, seems as though estates is EXACTLY the right choice here.
"Estates" is not at all the right word here.:)

But if you meant to type "retarded", VW was acting with a retarded action.

Not at all the way he used it.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Political Correctness.... The art of changing words and meanings so that those who use the English language correctly are forced to offend those who would rather live in mamby-pamby land....
:) That's funny right there.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI

While I was not trying to offend you or anyone else for that matter unless of course you work for VoA. But if you where offended by my post why bother clicking on it in the first place. I mean the word "retarded" was in the title. It's not like I hid it, and honestly why would I talk about someone who less fortunate then me.

I can't help the fact that it has been three weeks and I still haven't received my lien of release from this craptastic company know as VOA. I would like to know what makes them think that this is proper business edict. Now that is retarded. And I do mean from the top to the bottom of the whole freaking company. Oops I offended you again. Pardon me forgot to care.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Do the retarded choose to be retarded? Can the retarded choose to be offended? Was m_skena offended or did he defend those that would be offended but don't have the voice to show they are offended? They don't have the voice, but they definitely have the emotion when they are spoken of with disdain.
+1
To all of you defending the use of this word as a means of degrading a person or organization- its time to get out of the 7th grade and into the 21st century :rolleyes:.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
Really guy's I am in no way making fun of any one person that is close to being mentally handicapped. I am a US Marine we use words that most people find offensive that are misconstrued as coming off as a little bit brass or harsh. We are cut from a different breed. Again my anger was pointed at VoA not anyone else.

SVTWEB

Veteran Member
TDI
No offense taken here either buddy.... The whole PC thing and everything that it brings: everyone gets a trophy, everyone is special, everything has to be fair is breeding nothing more than an entire generation of people with more wants than they have the motivation to capture. I'll get off my high-horse, that stuff just fires me up.....

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
The subject is a car company. You guys are reading meanings into the posts that are just not there.

It is a personal problem not of the OPs making, OR anyone else's BUT YOUR OWN.

Grow up.

Bill

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
You wouldn't use that word in any professional or public setting and you shouldn't use it here.

"grow up" how ironic :rolleyes:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Jarhead, I know that you and most people don't mean to be mean or offend the special needs population, but I think that it's important to get folks to think about this population and hopefully use a different word. I like "tool". As in, "Why is VW such a tool at getting back to me?"

Now we may be offending people that like the band Tool, but they choose to be Tools. :)