Is Evil on the road yet?

Jim Williston

Veteran Member
TDI
silver 00 NB
Hello Mickey-
Know you've been busy drawing hand lettered invitations to 2001 Fest for the world wide TDi.com membership, but you probably wasted a minute or two on your social/family life too. My question to you is......is Evil breathing yet? Are you targeting a launch date to once again blast the Utah highways?
We tend to forget that Caty is doing all the work. Get well soon.
Jim

------------------
"growler"/silver NB 5 spd

M

mickey

Young Katerina is still carrying the load. I can't really get serious about putting the EB together until I get my turbo parts. Turbo Dynamics is trying my patience, but it might be the fault of the Garrett factory. Getting parts for VNT or GT series turbos is a long, arduous process.

I don't dare spend my money on the other stuff I need (intercooler, Quaife, gauges, etc) until I get the turbo bits because I have no way of knowing exactly what they'll cost, and when they're ready I need to be ready with the $$$$. I'm getting very tired of being stuck in a holding pattern, though, I can tell you that.

-mickey

Keith

Veteran Member
Well, I'll sure never NEVER use Turbo Dynamics. This reminds me of when I got screwed by EIP Tuning for a diesel engine replacement on my Quantum. They were always just about to do the work, but 3 months later I had to cancel the project, because all they did was remove the engine after I tried to drive the car away after 2 months of inactivity at EIP.

I'd use Turbonetics or TEC in Colorado for turbo work. They have reputations of getting quality stuff out the door in a timely manner.

I feel your pain, hopefully you'll see that turbo again in better than ever form.

Keith.

M

mickey

I don't want to give people a bad impression of Peter just yet! From what I understand, getting replacement parts for GT and VNT turbos from the Garrett factory is next to impossible. Des Auld worked with Turbo Dynamics and was satisfied, though he warned me not to expect instant results. It's just going to be time consuming no matter who I work with.

That being said, though, the clock is ticking on Turbo Dynamics. I spoke to him 2 weeks ago and he said he expected to see the parts arrive via UPS that afternoon! Since then I've heard nothing, and e-mails go unanswered. I'm a pretty patient guy, but I have my limits.

-mickey

M

mickey

I WANT MY BUG BACK!!!!

Another week, and still no turbo news. I called Turbo Dynamics this morning, but Peter was already gone for the afternoon. (About 3:30 GMT. What a life!)

I'll either hear what I want to hear TOMORROW, or start making other arrangements. I want the car back on the road SOON, and I'm dead in the water until I get the turbo situation resolved. From there, I can begin to design and fabricate the intercooler system, the bypass filter installation, etc.

-mickey