Installed Sprint 520's

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
I knew there would be a difference, but good googledy goo!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Best $239 I have ever spent on a car. Only took me 2hrs to do it my self, and took my time.

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
yeah im hoping to get a nice bump switching from pp520s to pp764s, but even with the sprints the injector swap does suprise you how much it transforms the car;)

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
cog said:
yeah im hoping to get a nice bump switching from pp520s to pp764s, but even with the sprints the injector swap does suprise you how much it transforms the car;)
Drove it to work the first time today, really have not driven that much since friday.

It's like you hardly touch the pedal, and all those that like to take off like there racing you, ha ha ha, they ain't leaving no more, there getting left.......

Had a Honda get on my but on the interstate Saturday, I said here we go, dropped in to 4th, stomped it, and said bye bye, hit 95MPH in few seconds and was gone.:eek:

If my RC Tune drops that amount of power or more, gees, it's gonna be crazy fast.....

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
you should hit up franko6 for some balancing.

I ran my sprints unbalanced for over a year. my car was smoky and mileage was suffering. I sent them off to Frank and am currently running a set of his loaner stock ones.

hopefully I will have them back by Thursday so I can install them at imepex this weekend. good times.

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Bob_Fout said:
With just Sprint 520s?
thats all i have so far, as performance mods.

I am putting my foot in it, they get the jump till i hit second, zip up to'em, and pass them in third.

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Growler said:
you should hit up franko6 for some balancing.

I ran my sprints unbalanced for over a year. my car was smoky and mileage was suffering. I sent them off to Frank and am currently running a set of his loaner stock ones.

hopefully I will have them back by Thursday so I can install them at imepex this weekend. good times.
balance them? another words, make them all spray the same?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
yes

they run good unbalanced, but its a whole other level with them balanced.

your tuner will appreciate it as well if you ever decide to get a chiptune.

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Growler said:
yes

they run good unbalanced, but its a whole other level with them balanced.

your tuner will appreciate it as well if you ever decide to get a chiptune.

On the list for a tune at the Asheville GTG....

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
they need to be physically removed from the car and sent off to someone who knows what they are doing to set the pop pressures of both stages of springs inside the injector bodies.

not something just anyone can do.

CSM Jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta--SOLD
Growler said:
they need to be physically removed from the car and sent off to someone who knows what they are doing to set the pop pressures of both stages of springs inside the injector bodies.

not something just anyone can do.

okay thanks. So who is capable of doing that besides Franko6 and how much would it cost? approx?

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
sully- you're likely to see and feel the same increase with RC tuning... So... be prepared to fall in love AGAIN with your car. As far as the balancing goes, ehh, you'll hear both sides of the camp on that. If you car is running good, you can check with VCDS (I forget which channel) but I think it's the quantity injected values or something like that at idle. As long as they're close to each other, your more than likely good to go. Lots and lots and lots (I don't think I can overestimate that) of people run nozzles that aren't balanced with excellent results.
However, some people have bad results after installing nozzles and get them balanced and it's great. If you were building a 200hp plus TDI and were running race nozzles and high states of tune, I'd definitely recommend balancing. On a stock, old, engine I say it's up to you. Wanna spend another $100 for peace of mind? Your call my friend...

I say put that $100 towards your replacement clutch. The one you'll need soon after you get remapped at the GTG LOL!!! Happy modding.

--edit-- Drivbiwire does them also. Lightening quick turn around and top shelf customer service.

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Thanks

I did make the change in vcds to get the injected quantities back with in spec. It had dropped to 2.0 from the 3.0 - 5.0 or 6.0 and made the one manual change and got it back to 3.5.

Thanks for the vote on the tune, can't wait to get it done.

Farfromovin said:
sully- you're likely to see and feel the same increase with RC tuning... So... be prepared to fall in love AGAIN with your car. As far as the balancing goes, ehh, you'll hear both sides of the camp on that. If you car is running good, you can check with VCDS (I forget which channel) but I think it's the quantity injected values or something like that at idle. As long as they're close to each other, your more than likely good to go. Lots and lots and lots (I don't think I can overestimate that) of people run nozzles that aren't balanced with excellent results.
However, some people have bad results after installing nozzles and get them balanced and it's great. If you were building a 200hp plus TDI and were running race nozzles and high states of tune, I'd definitely recommend balancing. On a stock, old, engine I say it's up to you. Wanna spend another $100 for peace of mind? Your call my friend...

I say put that $100 towards your replacement clutch. The one you'll need soon after you get remapped at the GTG LOL!!! Happy modding.

--edit-- Drivbiwire does them also. Lightening quick turn around and top shelf customer service.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Get an RCII tune and you're REAALLY be smiling. (Assuming your clutch can handle it.)

I had Sprint 520s and RCII in my '02 and it was unbelievable. Lots and lots of power, and I got 52mpg on an 800 mile roadtrip from MA to Annapolis, MD going 70-72mph with A/C on most of the way.

Turbospool

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 White TDI Jetta, 280k, 2003 jetta 270k
Drivbiwire did mine for me and I'm pleased as can be, I'm right with you on the power results..... absolutely amazing and soooo much more fun to drive! Sprint 520's are very economical as well, I'm up another 3 mpg. ( avg. 56mpg.),as well:D If you need to pull a trailer the extra power is nice, but down goes your mpg., like about 49, still great in my opinion. I'm not quite as brave as you are in going for the chip, let us know how and if your clutch holds;) I will probably succomb to RC11 one of these days as well:(