Installed Solo Werks Coil over MK4 jetta and damned

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I bought a set on Cyber Monday 2020 from ECS tunning on sale for my MK4 Jetta TDI and all I have to say I'm super impressed how the car sticks to the road and no roll, as of now it is a dream how it rides, mistake that I made was not to call Solo Werks I did not realize that I got the springs from the gasser VWs, Solo Werks use stronger springs for the TDI that they manufacture for R32s since R32 got approx same weight in the front like TDI, I spoke to them today and they are going to ship the TDI springs, they are car enthusiasts and the shock they use in their coil over are top notch. I could not believe that I'd like them way more than my FSDs, they feel a lot better and glued to the ground.

My Jetta now rides like my golf, I paid through the roof for my golf coil overs from ground control in the past) but what huge gap in $, I can't wait until I put the new TDI springs in there.

Last edited:

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Max,
Sooo, better than FSDs ehhhh. What wheel size you running? What height you've got them set at?
The price of the kit I must say sounds good, but the last thing I want is a lowered car.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
17 inches wheels, i lowered the jetta about an inch since the perch is adjustable i could always back to an inch higher if i want to, but back then when I switched from oem to FSDs suspension FSDs went higher about an inch and I never liked the stance of my jetta

Jm4n_89

TDI
Passat B7
I've got a question do you get a clunk sound from front coliovers or does it sound like the springs in the front are moving?

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
You need to ask for TDI springs, the regular werks springs are not rated for your TDI, so that noise that you hear is that you are bottoming them out