Infotainment Glitch?

niss

TDI
2015 VW Golf Highline TDI
I got a 2015 Golf Highline, and am having a couple of issues with the infotainment system. The first annoying one is that when I press next track on the steering wheel it will move to the next track play 1 second then pause, except it's not actually paused. On the screen it shows it as playing, except the track line isn't moving. If I press the pause button, then the play button it starts playing.

Glitch 2 is that every now and again when I turn the car on it on a completely different radio station then it was when I shut it down, and it isn't even one of my presents

Glitch 3(?) when I connect to my ipod and bring up the playlist it gives me an option to pull up videos but can't find any.

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

twistedcricket

TDI
No TDIs
I got a 2015 Golf Highline, and am having a couple of issues with the infotainment system. The first annoying one is that when I press next track on the steering wheel it will move to the next track play 1 second then pause, except it's not actually paused. On the screen it shows it as playing, except the track line isn't moving. If I press the pause button, then the play button it starts playing.

Glitch 2 is that every now and again when I turn the car on it on a completely different radio station then it was when I shut it down, and it isn't even one of my presents

Glitch 3(?) when I connect to my ipod and bring up the playlist it gives me an option to pull up videos but can't find any.

Glitch 1 - cd or SD media? This hasn't happened to me.
Glitch 2 - happens to me a few times when switching between AM/FM, but not often or switching from Media to Band
Glitch 3 - I'm no help here, I don't have an ipod.

WildChild

TDI
2015 Golf Comfortline TDI 6MT

I pretty much have the same glitches. I haven't tried playing videos from the iPod tough, but when I plug my iPod, there may be a 30 secs delay before it is recognized.

4 - Sometimes, when I change the volume with the wheel buttons, the volume bar doesn't appear on the MFD. I have to stop/restart the car to fix this.
5 - I've had a few black screens when starting the car for which I had to push on the ON button of the multimedia system. It looked like the whole system was rebooting.

Everything is managed by software in this car. I'm pretty sure a software update could fix most of those issues.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
This brings to mind a question..... Does vw release software updates for the infotainment system? I had an 08 grand Cherokee that had the mygig system..,one could download software updates , burn them to cd, and easily update the head unit.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
VW will release updates to the infotainment system, as they did with the RCD-510 and the mono Bluetooth audio problem. Document your issue with your dealer and make sure they pass it along to Volkswagen. If enough people report this problem, an update will be released, although it may take some time (several months to a year).

15tdi

TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I am also having the problem with the radio changing stations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael Moore

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Phaeton W12, 2015 Golf Highline (gas)
Glitch 2 is that every now and again when I turn the car on it on a completely different radio station then it was when I shut it down, and it isn't even one of my presets...
VW has acknowledged the radio problem. Occasionally, when the radio is turned on, it will start up on frequency 87.7 (bottom of the FM band) rather than whatever it was on when it was turned off.

A technical bulletin has been issued, although VW has been a little slow getting the SD cards with the new software delivered to the dealers.

If you want to 'be nice' to the tech at the dealership who services your car, wait until you need your first oil change before asking to have this software flash carried out. The tech gets paid an hour's labour to do the flash, and the software flash is something that can be done at the same time that other work (like the oil change) is being done on the car.

The software flash does not introduce any new features or solve any problems other than this 87.7 issue, hence there is no hurry to get it done.

Michael