Immo3 Cluster Coding... Getting the SKC/PIN

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
I'm trying to figure out the details of an Immo3 FIS cluster swap for my Immo3 2004 Jetta, and need to clarify the coding procedure before pulling the trigger.

I'm being confused by folks saying they go to the dealer to get the Secret Key Code... which hasn't been possible for a few years, if I correctly understand the GeKo system that VW now uses for Immobilizer coding. A dealer can no longer give you a SKC because they never actually see the number.

If that's the case, how do you actually do the cluster swap, since the coding from your stock cluster is required to adapt the new cluster? Must you perform the swap at the dealer, while the dealer scan tool (VAS 1551?) maintains the SKC, and then flashes it to the new cluster after the swap? I'm very skeptical that my dealer would co-operate (presuming they'd even have a clue what I'm going on about).

In lieu of the dealer...

From this discussion, the 7-digit SKC "is a reversable hash of the 4 digit login combined with the workshop code and the date".

I understand there are tools available to read the SKC (VAG-TACHO, VAGdashCOM), but does having JUST the SKC help me install (code) the new cluster? What about needing the date the SKC was generated? Or, do these tools actually read the 4-digit PIN/Login Code, and I would use that instead of the SKC?

Maybe I'm not asking the right questions... but hopefully someone with an Immo3 who has done the swap knows what I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks...

Last edited:

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
You need both your new cluster's SKC and the SKC for your current cluster for Immo3 swaps.

You either have to pay the dealer, or invest in a VAG-Tacho / VAGDashCom setup to read the SKC from your existing cluster.

penclnck

I'm being confused by folks saying they go to the dealer to get the Secret Key Code... which hasn't been possible for a few years, if I correctly understand the GeKo system that VW now uses for Immobilizer coding. A dealer can no longer give you a SKC because they never actually see the number.
Correct, since GeKo has been released, dealers no longer see the SKC info. So even if you work at the dealer and want to get the SKC info for your own car, you can't do it via factory scan tools.

If that's the case, how do you actually do the cluster swap
The factory crap scan tools, as in the clunker we all know and hate, VAS5051 and such can do what you are asking to have done, put a new/used instrument cluster into your car and adapt it. This is how I got my wife's car cloned over to my car's VIN/Immob. I put her instrument cluster in my car and adapted it using the factory clunker scan tool, not hard to do.

I'm very skeptical that my dealer would co-operate
Cash talks my friend. You can save yourself a some by already having the cluster unscrewed and such so that it can be just pulled right out, then all they have to do is drive the car into the shop, swap out the cluster and adapt it, then adapt the keys.

do these tools actually read the 4-digit PIN/Login Code,
Correct. I'm one of 3 people who actually purchased a legit version of VAG-Tacho and it gives the PIN number. The SCK number is a generated number, it will vary based on date, dealer that it is issued, but the PIN is always the same.

I would use that instead of the SKC
I've been told that you can use the PIN to do something like an instrument cluster swap, but a few times when I tried it, it didn't work. I generate my own SKC number and from there I haven't had any problems.

Wait!! You generated your own SKC number? How?
Admit it, you just now blurted that aloud....

With a PIN, you can generate your own SKC number. There is a piece of software called "calcola" or "pincode VAG IMMO.exe" that generates SKC numbers, or PIN info from SKC numbers.

Basically, for me since I now have VAG Tacho Pro, it would run down like this... I pull the PIN of the original instrument cluster and convert it to the SKC number, write this info down. New (used) cluster installed, pull PIN info for it as well. Now hook up my Ross Tech cable and run VCDS, go into the instrument cluster and using the PIN number for the "new" cluster, log into it like I was going to do a key adaption. Then go into Adaption, channel 50, use the SKC number I generated based on the first cluster's PIN info and click save. With that, the VIN and Immob info from the ECM should be transfered over to the instrument cluster. Now adapt the keys like I normally would with the original PIN I got from the first cluster.

I hope this info helps out.
http://www.vagdashcom.de/

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
penclnck said:
Correct, since GeKo has been released, dealers no longer see the SKC info. So even if you work at the dealer and want to get the SKC info for your own car, you can't do it via factory scan tools.

The factory crap scan tools, as in the clunker we all know and hate, VAS5051 and such can do what you are asking to have done, put a new/used instrument cluster into your car and adapt it. This is how I got my wife's car cloned over to my car's VIN/Immob. I put her instrument cluster in my car and adapted it using the factory clunker scan tool, not hard to do.

Cash talks my friend. You can save yourself a some by already having the cluster unscrewed and such so that it can be just pulled right out, then all they have to do is drive the car into the shop, swap out the cluster and adapt it, then adapt the keys.

Correct. I'm one of 3 people who actually purchased a legit version of VAG-Tacho and it gives the PIN number. The SCK number is a generated number, it will vary based on date, dealer that it is issued, but the PIN is always the same.

I've been told that you can use the PIN to do something like an instrument cluster swap, but a few times when I tried it, it didn't work. I generate my own SKC number and from there I haven't had any problems.

With a PIN, you can generate your own SKC number. There is a piece of software called "calcola" or "pincode VAG IMMO.exe" that generates SKC numbers, or PIN info from SKC numbers.

Basically, for me since I now have VAG Tacho Pro, it would run down like this... I pull the PIN of the original instrument cluster and convert it to the SKC number, write this info down. New (used) cluster installed, pull PIN info for it as well. Now hook up my Ross Tech cable and run VCDS, go into the instrument cluster and using the PIN number for the "new" cluster, log into it like I was going to do a key adaption. Then go into Adaption, channel 50, use the SKC number I generated based on the first cluster's PIN info and click save. With that, the VIN and Immob info from the ECM should be transfered over to the instrument cluster. Now adapt the keys like I normally would with the original PIN I got from the first cluster.

So if I am following you, if he sent you his old & new cluster & keys you could recode them & mail it back to him so all he would have to do is install them?

penclnck

No, I was stating how I would do this task with the car as a whole.

Now from a technical point of view, I can pull both PIN numbers from the instrument clusters if I had them in hand, I can bench top test them, so no car needed for that. So I could generate the info he would need to be able to swap instrument clusters using VCDS.

But then there is the whole problem of, no cluster in your car, you can't drive your car. Add to that he is in Canada.... nothing ships quickly/cheaply between 2 countries.

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
dzcad90 said:
You need both your new cluster's SKC and the SKC for your current cluster for Immo3 swaps.

You either have to pay the dealer, or invest in a VAG-Tacho / VAGDashCom setup to read the SKC from your existing cluster.
OK... I hadn't picked up on also needing the SKC for the replacement cluster... I don't see where you would enter it, following the Ross-Tech steps - is Step 9 a typo, should you be entering the new cluster SKC?
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Immo3-cluster-swapping.html

Oh... wait... maybe it's only required if the replacement cluster is used (i.e. had been previously installed), per the note at the bottom of the above link:
Ross-Tech said:
Note: If you are installing an instrument cluster that has ever been installed in another car, you must insert the following step. Also, bear in mind that you will not be able to change the mileage of a cluster that has more than 100 km on the odometer):

[Login - 11]
[Use 7-digit PIN/SKC]

Enter the 7-digit PIN for the USED Instrument Cluster, Date on which the PIN was generated by the dealer, along with the Workshop Code (WSC) and the Importer number of the dealer that generated the code.
[OK]
I have seen it mentioned that "used" (previously installed) clusters can be "reset", so that the restriction of the 100km doesn't apply... is that true, and if so, how is the cluster reset? In other words... what happens if I don't get the SKC with the replacement cluster?!

penclnck said:
OK - good to know.

penclnck said:
Correct. I'm one of 3 people who actually purchased a legit version of VAG-Tacho and it gives the PIN number.
I hear that.

penclnck said:
I generate my own SKC number and from there I haven't had any problems.

:eek: I admit that I read it twice... then swore at you a little bit. ;)

penclnck said:

Excellent. Very useful; sounds like the smoothest operation (given appropriate software).

penclnck said:
Absolutely. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I know (or at least, presume) the answers are around here, but it's mass confusion sorting through threads that started 6, 7, 8 years ago.

Now, the SKC... it's also stored in the engine management EEPROM (in addition to the cluster EEPROM), or is it just the 4-digit pin? Could a chip tuner (I have one locally, much friendlier than a dealer) help me out? I guess they wouldn't be able to pull the SKC from the replacement cluster, though.

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
penclnck said:
But then there is the whole problem of, no cluster in your car, you can't drive your car. Add to that he is in Canada.... nothing ships quickly/cheaply between 2 countries.
LOL...

Don't rob me of another chance to drive the Dragon - any excuse will do!!!

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
penclnck said:
I pull the PIN of the original instrument cluster and convert it to the SKC number, write this info down. [...] Then go into Adaption, channel 50, use the SKC number I generated based on the first cluster's PIN info [...]
Why convert the 4-digit PIN to a 7 digit SKC? VC can use the 4-digit PIN directly. Just enter it as the Adapation or Login value directly instead of clicking on the [Use 7 Digit] button.

-Uwe-

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uwe, he'd commented on trying to use the PIN, but was unsuccessful:
penclnck said:
Also, can you comment on needing the SKC for the new (replacement) cluster when doing the adaptation? I don't see where it's used in your walk-through, except for zeroing out a used replacement cluster (step 8.5).

Good news: a member of my local club and friend is a tuner for GIAC and runs a small shop... and he has VAG-TACHO!!! WOOT!

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
hmm... another question...

Bosch vs VDO Immo3 clusters... can VAG-TACHO read both? Not sure if it's a relevant question... i.e. maybe all Immo3 clusters are VDO?

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I'm having one heck of a time trying to "login" to my cluster to adapt some keys. I have an '04 jetta Wagon. Original cluster 1j5 920 806. I just installed a fis cluster 1j5 920 846 c which the dealer adapted for me because vag-tacho would only ever return "access denied" when I tried to connect to my original cluster to get my pin.

Any way, if I try to log into vcds with the "login code" (5 digit code starting with a zero provided to me when I bought the cluster) for the new cluster vcds hangs for a second, disconnects from instruments, reconnects to instruments and has a message top right about being logged out...

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
-Chris

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
blizzard60 said:
I'm having one heck of a time trying to "login" to my cluster to adapt some keys. I have an '04 jetta Wagon. Original cluster 1j5 920 806. I just installed a fis cluster 1j5 920 846 c which the dealer adapted for me because vag-tacho would only ever return "access denied" when I tried to connect to my original cluster to get my pin.

Any way, if I try to log into vcds with the "login code" (5 digit code starting with a zero provided to me when I bought the cluster) for the new cluster vcds hangs for a second, disconnects from instruments, reconnects to instruments and has a message top right about being logged out...

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
-Chris
After adaptation your cluster takes on the SKC from the car. So the SKC you were provided with the new cluster is no longer good. From now on, you need the SKC from the car (which is the same as the SKC from the old cluster..) to do any immobilizer service.

kno3

TDI
Audi A6 1.9 130 '02
Hello, this is my first post on this forum, but I've been using at as a resource for info on VCDS, VAG-Tacho, etc... (the best I have found) for a while.
I have been stranded in holiday in France after loosing keys to my Audi A6 '02. I have got a local dealer to cut me new keys and provide remotes. Towing the vehicle to the dealership to have them programmed is prohibitively expensive. So my plan was to use VAG-Tacho to read the immobiliser PIN, then use VCDS-Lite to pair the immobiliser to the new keys (and pair the remotes, that should be easy though).
However, I have been unable to read the PIN for the immobiliser. I believe the '02 A6 has the Immo3 system installed, that is why I am posting my query here.
do these tools actually read the 4-digit PIN/Login Code,
Vag-Tacho manages to connect to the dash and identifies the system as:
4B0920981JX KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. VDO D17
However when I try to read the PIN, it spurts out the following:
"Trying to Read Immobilizer PIN code... Please wait... Unknown immo box!"
I then did a lot more reading, but information is is incomplete and often differs from person to person. Some people say '02+ A6s are not supported by VAG-Tacho because they cannot read Immo3 boxes. However, penclnck, you appear to be able to read Immo3 boxes with VAG-Tacho. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there something else preventing Tacho from reading PINs on an '02 A6?
If it is not possible with VAG-Tacho, can someone suggest a product that will work (I have heard differing reports of the reading of A6 PINs with VAGdashCOM/CAN and K+CAN Commander).
Thank you for any help in advance!

vwdieseling

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, more bugs
There is the SBB by Slea manufactured in Italy. It is tricky to use but in price range. Not a 100% guarantee. It can read most makes and models. I have one, but have had problems with it in the past pulling PIN codes. If you have the PIN, K+CAN Commander will adopt the new keys. Slea has a website just google. There are some IMMOs that just don't want to communicate. Scratch the SBB it will not work. Here is a link and also something that should:
VW AUDI IMMO1 IMMO3 PINCODE READER - REMOTE …

automam.net/vgapass.htmhttp://www.bing.com/search?q=Audi+pin+code+reader+for+keyadoption&form=IE10TR&src=IE10TR&pc=CPNTDFJS#
KEY & REMOTE PROGRAMMER >> VW AUDI IMMO1 IMMO3 ... Reads AUDI old IMMO BOX PIN CODE ¡¡ ... but in that case you need another Login Code Reader,

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hello, this is my first post on this forum, but I've been using at as a resource for info on VCDS, VAG-Tacho, etc... (the best I have found) for a while.
I have been stranded in holiday in France after loosing keys to my Audi A6 '02. I have got a local dealer to cut me new keys and provide remotes. Towing the vehicle to the dealership to have them programmed is prohibitively expensive. So my plan was to use VAG-Tacho to read the immobiliser PIN, then use VCDS-Lite to pair the immobiliser to the new keys (and pair the remotes, that should be easy though).
However, I have been unable to read the PIN for the immobiliser. I believe the '02 A6 has the Immo3 system installed, that is why I am posting my query here.

Vag-Tacho manages to connect to the dash and identifies the system as:
However when I try to read the PIN, it spurts out the following:
"Trying to Read Immobilizer PIN code... Please wait... Unknown immo box!"
I then did a lot more reading, but information is is incomplete and often differs from person to person. Some people say '02+ A6s are not supported by VAG-Tacho because they cannot read Immo3 boxes. However, penclnck, you appear to be able to read Immo3 boxes with VAG-Tacho. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there something else preventing Tacho from reading PINs on an '02 A6?
If it is not possible with VAG-Tacho, can someone suggest a product that will work (I have heard differing reports of the reading of A6 PINs with VAGdashCOM/CAN and K+CAN Commander).
Thank you for any help in advance!
What cluster you are choose when you go to cluster menu?
Also If you have original Vag-Tacho you can read Pin for ECU , and it will be same as one in cluster.

kno3

TDI
Audi A6 1.9 130 '02
Here is a link and also something that should:
VW AUDI IMMO1 IMMO3 PINCODE READER - REMOTE …
automam.net/vgapass.htmhttp://www.bing.com/search?q=Audi+pin+code+reader+for+keyadoption&form=IE10TR&src=IE10TR&pc=CPNTDFJS#
KEY & REMOTE PROGRAMMER >> VW AUDI IMMO1 IMMO3 ... Reads AUDI old IMMO BOX PIN CODE ¡¡ ... but in that case you need another Login Code Reader,
Thanks for finding that. I'll keep that as a last resort. I'll see if I am able to do it with what I've got. That thing doesn't seem to be sold anywhere near France, so I'm not sure how soon I could get it, and I'm in a rush. Thanks for your help!
What cluster you are choose when you go to cluster menu?
Also If you have original Vag-Tacho you can read Pin for ECU , and it will be same as one in cluster.
Thank you for your reply, jetta, 97! Originally I used the "Connect to any tacho tool" and it seemed to identify it as VDO. So I used VDO New, and here is the output:
Code:
Connecting VDO New...
OK
Check for VDO tacho...
Wrong Tacho Selected !!! Disconnect and Select another Type!
So I instead tried the IMMO Box Audi/VW GOL which seemed to be slightly more successful:
Code:
Connecting Audi A4/A6/A8 VW Immo Box(Megamos/Kostal) ...
OK
Bitte Adresse 17 eingeben          
Go Ahead! 
## I press to read PIN ##
Trying to Read Immobilizer PIN code...
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
## Press to read EEPROM ##         
Reading EEprom... ## In the status bar at the bottom it says Denied Access on the whole range of address #s ##
Done!
Seems like the software is unable to circumvent the security.
Any thoughts?
When you say read the PIN from the ECU: I know that if VA-Tacho is unable to read the PIN automatically, you can read the whole EEPROM data and find the PIN in it. Is this what you mean?
Again, thanks for your help!

Edit 1: Done a bit more reading (and translating). "Bitte Adresse 17 eingeben" means "please enter address 17". I've done a bit of searching, but most references to this are in another language and I'm not sure what they are going on about. Anybody here know what I should enter?

Edit 2: Found out from herethat this all "means the address 25 is only a dummy to tell dumb mechanics to use address 17 for immobilizer work." This would explain why it can't read the EEPROM. Also, the error would me helpful if I were using VCDS, as I could just change the address. I can't see a way to do that in VAG-Tacho. Presumably it would just be using a different ECU profile? But none seem to work. Anyone got any advice?

Last edited:

vwdieseling

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, more bugs
Thanks for finding that. I'll keep that as a last resort. I'll see if I am able to do it with what I've got. That thing doesn't seem to be sold anywhere near France, so I'm not sure how soon I could get it, and I'm in a rush. Thanks for your help!
Thank you for your reply, jetta, 97! Originally I used the "Connect to any tacho tool" and it seemed to identify it as VDO. So I used VDO New, and here is the output:
Code:
Connecting VDO New...
OK
Check for VDO tacho...
So I instead tried the IMMO Box Audi/VW GOL which seemed to be slightly more successful:
Code:
OK
Go Ahead! 
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Reading EEprom... ## In the status bar at the bottom it says Denied Access on the whole range of address #s ##
Done!
Any thoughts?
When you say read the PIN from the ECU: I know that if VA-Tacho is unable to read the PIN automatically, you can read the whole EEPROM data and find the PIN in it. Is this what you mean?

Edit 1: Done a bit more reading (and translating). "Bitte Adresse 17 eingeben" means "please enter address 17". I've done a bit of searching, but most references to this are in another language and I'm not sure what they are going on about. Anybody here know what I should enter?

Edit 2: Found out from herethat this all "means the address 25 is only a dummy to tell dumb mechanics to use address 17 for immobilizer work." This would explain why it can't read the EEPROM. Also, the error would me helpful if I were using VCDS, as I could just change the address. I can't see a way to do that in VAG-Tacho. Presumably it would just be using a different ECU profile? But none seem to work. Anyone got any advice?

The scan tool that is posted is a Chinese device. I did a few cluster swaps in the early 2000's and went a different direction. I know there is a logical reason as to why the PIN won't display. I have an original Vag Tacho myself and it is a very powerful tool. Supposedly this tool can read the PIN from the ECU. A lot of these scan tools are debatable as far as there abilities. I have a friend in Detroit, Mich. That wholesales these things. I bought a VAG scanner even though I have VCDS. IT works in some VW's and Audis but in others it cannot connect.

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Code:
Connecting VDO New...
OK
Check for VDO tacho...
Code:
OK
Go Ahead! 
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Done!
Any thoughts?

Did you try VDO old, or VDO C5

Immo box is for older cars made before 1999.Your car does not have immo box, immobilizer in this car is in cluster.
If you have original Vag-Tacho like I said above you can read Pin form ECU.
There is a selection ME7.XX or something like that for Gas engine and EDC15-16 for TDI engines.

thejazzageuk

TDI
audi a4 1.9tdi 2004
Hi. I just tried to find the PIN on my 2004 audi avant 1.9tdi using the 3.01 Vag Tacho. Mixed success and no SKC!
When I tried to connect via VDO New, it appeared to connect but gave the following comms.....
Connecting VDO New...
OK
8E0920950M KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. RB4 D42
Check for VDO tacho...
The options for reading the PIN and the EEPROM were greyed out with thi ECU.

The only ECU that appeared to offer hopw was: Connecting Audi A4/A6/A8 VW Immo Box(Megamos/Kostal) ..Now read PIN and EEPROM were selectable but did not result in getting the SKC (see below).

OK
Go Ahead!
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Reading EEprom...
Done!

Can anyone assist if guiding me to get the SKC/PIN. Thanks

penclnck

Have you not contacted the vendor you purchased VAG Tacho from? They have your money, they should be supporting you. Now if China has your money, then that will be a bit of an issue.:rolleyes:

I've pulled PINs on 2004 Audis in the past without issue with legit versions of VAG Tacho. Pulling PINs is not a cheap hobby.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hi. I just tried to find the PIN on my 2004 audi avant 1.9tdi using the 3.01 Vag Tacho. Mixed success and no SKC!
When I tried to connect via VDO New, it appeared to connect but gave the following comms.....
Connecting VDO New...
OK
8E0920950M KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. RB4 D42
Check for VDO tacho...
The options for reading the PIN and the EEPROM were greyed out with thi ECU.

The only ECU that appeared to offer hopw was: Connecting Audi A4/A6/A8 VW Immo Box(Megamos/Kostal) ..Now read PIN and EEPROM were selectable but did not result in getting the SKC (see below).

OK
Go Ahead!
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Please wait...
Unknown immo box!
Reading EEprom...
Done!

Can anyone assist if guiding me to get the SKC/PIN. Thanks
Stay a way from this cluster using CLONE stuff , you will end up with DEF on cluster.
This is Bosch RB4 cluster and there is a only few tools on market that will not damage this cluster, of course they all legit

Last edited:

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
Stay a way from this cluster using CLONE stuff , you will end up with DEF on cluster.
Lulz.. Can confirm, expert here with banana scales. Pretty much any phone call with "the instrument cluster had dEF" on it" is due to China.

Oh that little black box with the blue key pad... not so super after all. :D

doka_90

TDI
1990 doka TD
After adaptation your cluster takes on the SKC from the car. So the SKC you were provided with the new cluster is no longer good. From now on, you need the SKC from the car (which is the same as the SKC from the old cluster..) to do any immobilizer service.
Addressing the dead (post)
I have a conversion project...2003 Beetle TDI into a vanagon. I have a Mk4 cluster that I want to use. I don't have the beetle cluster, but the ECU has been immo deleted and I have the donor PIN 01483 but nothing for the new cluster. The car runs, but I can't access the "instruments" through VCDS. How do I make this work?
Thanks

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
YOu have to make sure the pinouts for the cluster match the harness. YOu are going from NB to Jetta. Match the pinouts...especially the communications wiring....thats where it really must be right.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Pin out bettle/jetta for cluster-ECU relation is same .

If no comunitation with 17-instruments , then wiring is problem ,need to check k-line and w-line.

Last edited:

doka_90

TDI
1990 doka TD
thanks fo rthe relies!
What is the W-line for?
I thought that I matched everything up, and I am in the process of verifying all of the connections.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
You also need the original cluster PIN otherwise you can`t get in to change the data for the new cluster, and of course, you need the PIN for the new cluster.