Immediate Need for Remap after installing Hybrid Turbo?

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Can a hybrid turbo run fine on a canned Stage 1 (APR) tune? Eventually I would have it remapped to make more power but is there any harm that can be done if I was to purchase and install a hybrid turbo before a remap? It's a Q5 3.0 TDI (engine code CPNB). Thanks.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Thanks. My other question is what exactly is meant by max power of a given turbo. For instance, the Darkside Developments website lists the following handy chart:

So, my specific question is whether or not the ~300hp limit for the GTB 2260vk holds regardless of other engine performance modifications such as a larger intercooler, exhaust and intake or do those bolt-ons effectively raise the hp max somewhat, however slight (i.e. ~320hp)? Unfortunately, there are no local four-wheel drive dynos nearby to test these things out directly.

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
The max power is with correct supporting modifications. You won't make 300hp from a 2260vk without a decent intercooler, intake and exhaust. And probably more importantly the right injectors...

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
The max power is with correct supporting modifications. You won't make 300hp from a 2260vk without a decent intercooler, intake and exhaust. And probably more importantly the right injectors...
Then I'm really confused because according to APR their Stage 1 tune makes 300 hp on my engine (Stage 1 means all stock hardware). I have since added the BITDI intercooler, Magnaflow 3" catback exhaust and and AFE filter and really would like to know my current power level. I guess I really need to keep hunting for an AWD dyno.

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
That darkside list is for fitting that turbo to a 1.9 or 2.0 not a v6 as per your q5....

Your supporting mods may help a little, but as no more fuel will be injected with or without those mods it won't be a lot.