I am VW less - Thanks to all it has been Fun

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
Returned my wagon Friday , after having it sit for a few months to replace the HPFP that died in Oct,( my 3rd pump in the car w 130,000) I cleaned it out and had one last drive praying my "new" HPFP would make the 16 mile drive. It was 25 degrees out but I had the Pano roof open the whole way, heated seats on and heat cranked up all the way, first time I drove it in 3 months and it felt like sitting in a favorite chair again. I bought it form Chris a Longhorne VW and was the car I owned the longest in my 30 years of driving 5 years, I put on 99.5% of the 130,000 miles and loved the car, it had taken me to 17 states and Canada many times, but with a cracked DPF and the latest Hpfp failure it was time to take the money and run. Without a doubt this board has been a lifesaver, I got donated parts for my latest HPFP, and acquired great knowledge here, I had a fellow TDI meet me at midnight while in Canada in Jan ( it was about 5 degrees) so he would read my codes when i had a issue all because I posted here, 15 minutes later he said he could meet me on his way home from work, YOU do not find this with a Honda board. I bought a used Saab 9-5 to replace my VW and the other day took it to VA and back 500 miles and 27MPG, I will miss my wagon, the space , the Pano roof and the MPG. But I will miss the folks here, I have over a 1000 post here and I tried to give back to help newbies as others helped me when I was a newbie. Good luck to all and I hope you all have much success w your TDI's and life.

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
Nice exit!

Hope your Saab gives you great service!

Tim

pikawel

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI
Great post! I'll feel similarly on my way out. I've planned on a lengthened timeline... driving my 2012 Passat until the end of the buyback. I guess I should research these HPFP issues!
Happy travels, friend.

johncanfield

TDI
Sold back - 2014 TDI SEL
Farewell and good luck. At 1400 hours today our Passat gets handed over to VW and I'll join the farewell club. It's a good looking vehicle and I'll miss the trunk space.

SOCALGAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan & 2013 Jetta Wagon
Well said Seth1065. For the most part I think we all share the same sentiment towards our TDI's and forum friends. Take care, safe travels and enjoy the new ride!

Cheers!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
You can always come back when VW reintroduces the diesel engines. if ever!

Nice goodbye Seth. So much better to read that than some of the other stuff.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Adieu Seth,

Maybe our paths will cross again. I too sold my TDI back, but I think I will continue to hang around the forums. Never know if I might pick up a TDI (used or new).

Jim

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
For me, it's until next time, not good bye. Well, let me qualify that. It's most likely good bye to diesel, but not VW. My TDI Jetta was the second VW I owned - had a Touareg for 10 years also. The "green" label was why I bought the TDI in the first place, and why my replacement ended up being a hybrid. If VW comes out with a reasonably priced electric model down the road, I would definitely look at it.

jagster936

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Beetle TDI Manual
OP - get an older ALH TDI! Slow but rock solid. I was given one and so I can continue in the VW community haha. Indeed everyone has been extremely helpful and informative over the years. I still have my 97 Jetta gasser also (480k or so). TDI 2002 golf has 473k runs strong. Doing clutch now :)

PFCoppinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Good luck to you. Were I taking the money on account of reliability issues, I doubt I would have the nerve to go for a Saab.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
<snip> I bought a used Saab 9-5 to replace my VW and the other day took it to VA and back 500 miles and 27MPG, I will miss my wagon, the space , the Pano roof and the MPG.
<snip>
When we bought our Passat TDI, we never gave up our SAAB 9-5— an '04 5-speed wagon (just the manual transmission makes it pretty rare). Got about 190K on it, still runs great. We are SAAB owners going on 44 years, it will be a sad day when we have to retire the last one. We use it for all our local & regional running around, and drive the Passat on trips. We, too, will miss the TDI when we do the buyback in 2018.

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
I've always admired European cars over Asian and American.

The SAAB 900, VOLVO 240, BMW 3 series E30, Mercedes W123 all from the 80s were my dream cars.

It's nice you chose a SAAB. I too am VW-less now.

But I got a feeling I may be back in a VW someday.:)

air1mtt

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI: took buyout, 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI: took buyout
Best wishes Seth. At some point I too will join the "former members" club but not till Sept 2018. This is a wonderful site, no doubt. Enjoy the Saab. I always liked them too.

GyroRon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Im done too.... Both of my cars are turned in and I have the money in the account, so I would say its officially over for me! I will probably keep coming here for a while just to see what kind of drama is going on with VW's crap way of dealing with this buyback. Its entertaining in my opinion.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Now that they have no TDi cars, or young male fellow customers and sales people at the showroom to flirt with, I wonder what those sassy, lewd old ladies from the VW commercials are doing these days?

I still laugh thinking about the one with the leering look, asking "Do you like em new, or with lots and lots of miles?"