Hybrid turbo options

DarrenARL

TDI
Pd 150 arl toledo
Sorry if this has been covered already but cant seem to find anything on it im looking at getting a hybrid turbo for my arl 150 toledo was looking at gt1756 and gt1856 which is best to go for currently only have a standred map no other mods

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
I would jump at te new gtb1752vrk ball bearing turbo, or a gtb2060vklr turbo or just a gtb2260vk if you're planning on doing any injector upgrade soon. Talk to Adam Watson at pioneering performance about his plug and play gtb2260vk manifold which lets you start with any gtb1756/2060 or 2260vk and larger hybrids based on the gtb cartridges.
Alternately there are tons of outlets selling gtb2260 vk welded to ARL manifolds which are also plug and play or you can use a custom log/tubular manifold for greater bling factor ! Sky is the limit on what you can do to your motor as its such a tunable platform !

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
I figured I’d jump in on this. I’m currently building alh with rod and pistons, head and main studs, race520 and I’m looking at turbo options for the mid 200hp range. Mainly interested in bearing turbos, my options in Canada are a gtd1756 4th gen vnt or a gtb2060vklr. The 2060 is actually a little cheaper. Should I just go bigger right off the hop? Being a bearing turbo it’s going to spool easier anyway. I know people are really liking the gtd turbos. This is a fun car, not a daily. I’m not sure if I’d be able to reach the potential of the 2060 without head work, I’ll be porting/polishing but keeping the stock valve size.

Last edited: