How To: Use a W8 FIS Cluster in a MKIV TDI

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Wow nice work, thanks for putting that together. Would I be correct in assuming that you would also need the FIS wiper stalk to toggle the functions as well as the temp sensor if you wanted that to work? This has me thinking, I didn't realize it could be done so cheap.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
That first link doesn't seem to work, it just comes up with error 404 page not found.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
The link to the .pdf should be fixed now. I must have screwed up when I tried to upload a corrected version last night. Thanks for letting me know.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
The link should be working - let me know if it's not. I just uploaded a newer version with info about using a GLI face plate and also about the LCD fade issue that some clusters have.

Greg

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
So now that I just bought a Passat I am assuming this swap would get easier, just need to decide if the FIS is worth the hassle of the MFD that is already there.

DieselDork

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 BEW
Would this process be similar if just swapping in a euro FIS cluster from a tdi? I have one and I'd like to get it in the car here soon.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Would this process be similar if just swapping in a euro FIS cluster from a tdi? I have one and I'd like to get it in the car here soon.
With Euro FIS you do not need to do to anything to cluster if is TDI cluster .
Just programing, MFA stalk, wiring and outside temp sensor.

BTW, W8 cluster conversion to TDI will not work on 2004 and up BEW models. It will always trow code for GP led missing.
It has to do something with processor.