Horn Issues / Wiring Diagrams?

CableJockey

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS
First off, I am struggling to follow the Bentley wiring diagrams... Jumping between pages has me lost.

Anyway, my horn is strangely only functional while the ignition is on. This results in no 'beep' when I lock the car and the alarm is activated...
I've been trying to find the common point, but as mentioned the Bentley wiring diagrams have me a bit lost...

Finding the fuse is obvious. As is the horn relay. (Both of which are good) Following the diagrams further, it appears there is a common point at the load-reduction relay (which is also okay), but I have yet to be able to follow the more obscure connection points to be able to figure out where voltage originates for the horn relay coil....

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

mittzlepick

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta wagon (365k)2001 wagon tire burner 6spd 2003 wagon(417k)
To lazy to test but me thinks that the way it works.

braddies

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf ALH
Did this start recently, there should be a setting in vcds to turn off the honk on unlock

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Thats normal. The horn only works with the key on.

CableJockey

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS
Alright. Got it figured.
As stated, the horn only works with ignition on... I was chasing the wrong circuit (there is a third "alarm horn" in the cowl evidently) and wires decided to let go...
Did some soldering and things are back to normal!
Thanks for the help!