High idle

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
I have been helping my son on his A4 audi quattro swap. 99 A4, 97 b4 engine
(1z) trans and afn turbo from Franz, running engine management from 99.5 Jetta.
As you can figure there have been some issues to sort, most are done. The car is running and driving, ( just got a text it just made it's first beer run) but we are dealing with a high idle issue (1100 rpm). Along with that there is a hot start issue (common on this ecu) Which we were aware of before, and verified by the previous owner of the car the management came from.
As per vcds, timing just slightly retarded, Iq seams low.

As #5 said....need input

annieneff

Veteran Member
TDI
1983.5 Westfalia tdi (afn), with flipped 5 speed V6 (dvz) transmission
Put your foot on the brake and without letting up press on the gas, or tap on the gas pedal a few times-- keep your foot on the brake and play with the gas pedal and see if that makes any difference.
I had an afn that had a similar issue. Never figured out if it was something funky with a pedal sensor or with the ecu, but doing the above with the pedals would make it kick down to normal idle. Hard to time it if it won't idle right...

Andrew

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
problem solved.....it was the dbw pedal