Help with boost mapping

Byd1380

TDI
Mk2 Golf - VNT20 setup
Hi Guys,

I'm after some advice/help with mapping my car.
Build thread here. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=402201

I have a sort of hybrid turbo (2052), I went to a 56mm compressor wheel and since then struggled with the mapping. The car made similar power than before the wheel change after the tuner mapped it, I did have a leak between the turbo and EM, once I fixed it I was getting boost pulsing at higher rpm (above 3K).
He pulled the boost back to stop this but killed the cars power. I though I was maybe maxing the 3 bar map sensor, changed to 4bar now.
The tuner actually gave me a lead so I can map the car myself, I have been playing with it yesterday using EDC15suite.
I struggling to find a relation between N75 duty cycle and target boost, the car is making more boost than requested.
If I load the car up from 2000rpm in 4th and do a full run it pulls very smooth, good power etc, if I lift off or change gear I end up with this pulsing of boost above 3k.

Any ideas?

Ivan

Byd1380

TDI
Mk2 Golf - VNT20 setup
I got the turbo fully rebuilt by CR Turbos so am reluctant to change anything as I assumed everything would be set up correctly.

Ivan

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Your tuner should trump factory settings if he is good.

Byd1380

TDI
Mk2 Golf - VNT20 setup
Thanks for the replies, I was playing with the car again tonight, I tried to adjust the N75 duty cycle to the extreme to limit the boost, but no joy, I will look at the rod adjustment. I also loaded on a standard 110bhp map, the car made 1.5bar, which I guess would be normal with a 4bar map sensor installed with no calibration.

Ivan