Help with a Camshaft R&R

Decreppo

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L
Anyone in the area that has replaced their camshaft on a 2006 1.9L BRM TDI? Alternatively, anyone in the area that is replacing their Camshaft and wants to do it together?

I've never done the job before but after reading the how to and watching some youtube videos I feel like I am capable but, would love a hand from someone experienced. If you are someone who is doing it for the first time we can figure it out together. I am in Charlottesville, VA but am willing to drive 3-4 hours to you as this is preventative (my car still is running well).

If anyone knows of anyone please respond and let me know.

2004LB7

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I did mine, but im, well you know a bit more than a few hours away.

it is a pretty straightforward process. there should be a thread or two around here showing the process. we can also help you out if you post your questions here

Decreppo

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L
Thanks! I appreciate the reply. I have read several of the posts on here about it so I feel like I am able to do it. I just need to gather some tools. Hoping to find someone to help as this is a new car to me and I am unfamiliar with it.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Not the BRM PD, but I replaced the 2.0 BHW PD cam in the 2005 Passat.
My one screw-up was loosening the head bolts thinking they were the cam bolts. I realized my mistake, ordered replacement head bolts, then proceeded with the cam replacement. I had to wait the extra day for the replacement head bolts to arrive before driving.
Otherwise it's pretty straight forward.