Help!! What is this part??

jfwestgen

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan
I had to dissassemble a great deal of my engine compartment to get my rusted exhaust and turbo off to replace them and when everything was back together (a year later), ended up with this part and I have no clue where it goes!!!??? :confused:
Can anyone help me figure out what it is???

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Is there any inscriptions on this part, perhaps a part number?

jfwestgen

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan
Unfortunately not... believe me, I was praying for that... Google has saved me before by searching on part numbers where I had no clue what to call the part... but this thing doesn't have anything on it... no mfg, part number, nothing... :(

jfwestgen

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan

jfwestgen

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan
Thanks 1.9ZOOK, I will take a look. At this point, I think I'm just going to start her up and just see what happens... If something breaks, then I will know where it went, right? :p

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
I had to dissassemble a great deal of my engine compartment to get my rusted exhaust and turbo off to replace them and when everything was back together (a year later), ended up with this part and I have no clue where it goes!!!??? :confused:
Can anyone help me figure out what it is???

Can you repost the links? I don't see an image.

Chris Thomas

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI sold to VW bought a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado diesel to replace it.(wanted AWD and work at a GM dealership)
part

Looks like the alternator pulley plug.

jfwestgen

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI sedan
So Google changed it's Google+ layout and the images got removed. Here they are again. My brother in law thought it might be a coolant hose restrictor? I Googled every combination of words (coolant, hose, restrictor, vw, jetta, tdi, etc) I could think of to see if I could come up with a matching image, but no luck. I even tried searching IDParts.com with no luck...

Last edited: