Help pistons

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
We have no idea what your talking about!
Do you mean how many pistons do you need to push 4 bar? you need all positions to be working.
Or do you mean how many are there to chose from or what positions do you need for performance modification to handle 4 bar of boost?
its not just the pistons, its the connecting rods that you need to upgrade. 58 PSI is a LOT to push out of a mark 2 TDI. we need MUCH more info. is that absolute pressure or 4 bar of added boost?
you also will need custom ground pistons to lower compression.

smoking

TDI
A5 3.0 TDI quattro + Golf II AFN + Golf IV ASZ

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
At 58 psi your looking at maybe 5 to 6k at engine parts let alone a turbo that will boost that high? Why so high? Most stick with 35 to 38 psi and add more fuel and start Injecting water meth and propane for more power. Kinda crazy goal here. What you building or is this just a random "hey more boost" thing. It will take massive amounts of modification to handle that level of power.

FRtdilover

TDI
2001 4motion ARL 150
Compound guys run at 55-60psi. Are you planning to build a compound setup or just a huge turbo for drag car ?
58 psi isn't common for street cars

BTW pistons will not be an issue except if your tune sucks

Markus L

Veteran Member
TDI
Caddy (14D) 1.9TDI 2-stage 400+bhp, Passat 3BG 4motion AVF
16:1 is good for 4 bar. I have something like 16.5:1. Worked well with 3.8 bar and haven't bother to open engine for any piston modifications after that. I'm probably gonna test 4 bar or more this year, depends on lambda where I end up. VE should be also better than my previous setup's due better turbos and whole airsystem.

I have modified stock ASZ pistons, rods are also stock. Can you tell us more about your setup? What turbos, injectors etc?

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
You can run 4 bar with 17-17.5:1 safely. It's about the fueling you intend to use