HELP: Part numbers for MAP and N75 plugs and matching sockets +wires ?

Octavian

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 2.5TDI V6, Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI
Folks

I need to play a little bit with N75 and MAP signals on my 2.5TDI V6.
The nicest/least invasive way to do it is to get plugs/sockets/wires from the dealer and put together a couple of makeshift "tuning boxes".

Can you feed me with part numbers for MAP (pressure) sensor plug and a matching socket, and which repair wires I have to get?
And part numbers for N75 valve plug and the matching socket, and repair wires for both ends?

The N75 is part: 1J0 906 627 B , the MAP is part: 038 906 051 B

I need plug and socket set for each, plus all repair wires needed to wire them up. Think extension cords, that's effectively what I want to make for each.

As for the circuitry, I'll make final decisions next week when I get my picoscope so that I can see the N75 signal in more detail. But it's likely to be a shunt capacitor or series diode/shunt capacitior on N75 to extend duty cycle (to correct my slow pressure buildup with rpm problem following hybrid installation, described in another thread).

On the MAP, Zener diode with series resistor clamped on the pressure signal. 3.9V zener with 1k-10k resistor (will have to check) to provide linear (ie stock) pressure signal up to 2 bar, and then 50% reduced slope to get 2.5bar where 2.25bar is reported to ECU.

In return for help, I promise to post schematics with values for both circuits and relevan parts of VAG-COM logs. They sure will not replace a chip, but for people on a budget this might be interesting. Think of it as an advanced Evry mod on air :)

chrisfiat

Veteran Member
TDI
97 jetta
you will need to find an oem supplier for the plug assy as with the maf there is no plug, it is molded into the unit, if the female end is a vdo then try there web site unless you can find a corrosponding plug in the harness someware else. the dealer will have part numbers if the plugs are available seperatly. best bet is the oem supplier

Octavian

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 2.5TDI V6, Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI
chrisfiat said:
you will need to find an oem supplier for the plug assy as with the maf there is no plug, it is molded into the unit, if the female end is a vdo then try there web site unless you can find a corrosponding plug in the harness someware else. the dealer will have part numbers if the plugs are available seperatly. best bet is the oem supplier
Well, that's the point, there is likely to be the same plug somewhere in the harness. That's what the question is about.

As for the dealer's knowledge, I would not count on it....plenty of experience in this department, with 4 different parts counters for 4 different VW brands (VW Audi Seat and Skoda). I can find sockets in the catalogue, (in fact I did already), but I want to confirm this with an expert. Plugs are the difficult bit.

BTW, last time I asked similar question ca 3 years ago on this very forum, and I got the answer. So, it is possible :rolleyes: