Help finding hose replacement part number (pic inside!)

drewkeen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
This is on an ALH Jetta. It is the hose on the drive side rear of the head. It appears that a small oil leak has weakened this and caused it to burst.

I think the hose has a slight upward bend in it, but I do not have another car here at the moment to compare it with.

Can someone look and see if this is the case? Any idea what the inner diameter of the hose is?

If a piece of straight hose works I can just buy that, otherwise does anyone have a part number I can look up for this hose?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The hose below A is for the brake booster. The hose below B is the coolant air burp line for the head. B can be replaced with straight hose. A needs a check valve.

-J

drewkeen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
It's the coolant hose, not the brake booster vacuum hose.

What's the inner diameter of it so I can grab a piece of hose to replace it?

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Our local parts store will have call it and they call it "heater hose". Although its not really heater hose in my mind that's what they call any antifreeze hose smaller than about 3/4.

It would be 8mm but 5/16 from the parts store is fine.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Replacing that little hose is on my to-do list next time the coolant system is opened up...which will likely be when I change the timing belt this time next year. There have been a few people on here lately looking for that hose...I seem to recall one or two of the others replacing it with 5/16" fuel line...although that might just be my bad memory.

I know it's not available from VW as a stand alone item...you have to buy all of the small hoses together or none at all;).

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Dont use fuel line. It's not made for hot antifreeze.

Here's what your looking for just dont buy a 50 ft roll when you only need 3 inches.

Here's continental (good brand)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Continental...ash=item2caad8a99e:g:lOIAAOSwjMJXCCeQ&vxp=mtr

Here's gates. (another good brand)

http://www.frsport.com/Gates-28408-5-16--Safety-Stripe-Heater-Hose-SAE-20R3-50-feet_p_29175.html

As I said above freindly local auto parts stores have it. Its in bulk. They will probably want to sell you a foot but its cheap

Last edited: