Has anyone done engine/trans mounts in their TDI yet?

Huangmoney

TDI
2015 GOLF TDI SEL 6MT
I recently purchased a mk7 tdi with 153k miles, and the rubber in the engine and trans mounts are pretty worn. Has anyone done them yet? I've done a lot in mk7 gti/R but theres lines running across.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I recently purchased a mk7 tdi with 153k miles, and the rubber in the engine and trans mounts are pretty worn. Has anyone done them yet? I've done a lot in mk7 gti/R but theres lines running across.
Have you checked them? It's a diesel. They vibrate more

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I've got 034 Motorsports engine/transmission mounts. I'm told they will fail on me. They might, but they've been fine for about 15k so far. Just barely stiffer than stock, which is what I wanted. I had a dogbone insert, the power flex diesel specific (soft) one... It was unbearable. Or I'm just old 😂.

I want to, but am too afraid to try BFI stage 1's. I picked up a set of GTI ClubSport mounts from the classifieds on another forum for when the 034's go. I don't know that the ClubSport are any stiffer than regular GTI. I also don't recall whether diesel Mk7s get softer mounts then the gassers.

Edit: When I replaced my mounts I could easily rock the engine by hand. And with the mounts out of the car I could move them by hand as well. That was somewhere around 30k. Car is 6MT, Kerma tuned at ~5k, never launched but lots of canyon driving trying to keep up with much faster non-diesel golf variants, haha.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
034 mounts use OEM casting just more "special rubber insterts" prob the best sytle for OEM+.

BFI stg 1 look much nicer parts designed for GTI/R crowd and prob too rough for TDI.

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
I have the 034 mounts on my GTI, and the castings are missing a couple mounting points our Sportwagen TDI uses for the fuel filter and some wiring support so you'll need to work around that. I'm assuming that's not a big deal or Cuzoe would have mentioned it as a potential gotcha.
They are a great OEM+ upgrade for the GTI: No increase in NVH that I have noticed but they made a noticeable difference during launches and shifting. Probably soft enough to work on a TDI without too much additional NHV. The TDI has the 034 lower dogbone insert and it improved both shifting and launches with only a slight increase in vibration at idle (Wife didn't notice it at all, and she's the primary driver).